Notices

Boost Solenoid question

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2004, 10:57 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Solenoid question

This is just a quick question for you guys that are running 97 onwards scoobies. Basically I would be very very grateful if you could take a look at a bit of pipework for me. There is a very small diameter pipe that goes from the Turbo into a T-Piece and then from the T-Piece one small diameter pipe goes to the wastgate and the other pipe (quite long) goes to the boost control solenoid. The Solenoid has 2 pipes coming from it one upper and one lower. It is fixed to the upper drivers side suspension strut. All I need to know is the pipe that I mentioned earler (that comes from the T-piece) plugs into which of the ends of the solenoid on your scooby, upper or lower ? Cos I have removed them for cleaning and can't remember which way they go back on.

Sorry for the muddled description...

here is an image showing the solenoid and pipes I am talking about....all i need to know is which one of the 2 pipes arrowed leads to the Wastegate/Turbo ?

Old 26 February 2004, 11:21 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

It goes into the bottom one. The pipe that then comes out at a right angle to the solenoid then goes back to the air box just past the MAF.
Old 26 February 2004, 11:29 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your reply - very much appreciate it - I will go and check tomorrow whether I have connected it properly - so basically its straight pipe of the Solenoid to turbo/actuator and angled pipe to the airbox

Cheers again