Notices

Vacuum hose/engine diagram Help

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2004, 10:57 PM
95wrxwhite
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 95rex and i know the Vacuum hoses are incorrectly fitted and my car just isnt running right can anyone help me find a picture or a fine discription of where they go? PLEASE
it runs like a dog

[Edited by 95wrxwhite - 1/16/2004 12:05:59 AM]
Old 16 January 2004, 08:42 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Errrmmm middle of inlet manifold has three vac connections and it doesn't matter on the order.

One goes to the dump valve, one goes to the fuel pressure regulator (drivers side fuel rail, rear of), the other goes to the pressure exchange solenoid (the top cylindical item on the drivers side suspension turret). From there a small pipe goes to the MAP sensor.. small square sensor (about 1inch by 1.5inch) which is bolted to the inner wing just in front of the pressure exchange solenoid.

Then you have a pipe from the boost control solenoid (below the pressure exchange solenoid) and behind the map sensor, which connects to the turbo on it's cold side output (ie. just before the intercooler plastic pipework connects to it).. on the boost solenoid there is three connections that is the larger of the three. The other two one goes to the wastegate actuator and the other to the air box resonator and has a restrictor in the pipe to stabalise the boost.

If you need more info on which of the three pipes on the boost control solenoid go where then I'll have a look and take some pictures.. as I cannot remember any more detail than that without looking.

JGM

[Edited by Jolly Green Monster - 1/16/2004 8:44:11 AM]
Old 21 August 2014, 08:22 PM
adzarc
Scooby Newbie

I know this is an old thread but is the vacuum hose layout the same on a p1? I want to make sure my vacuum hoses are correct. just wondering if there are any differences? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 21 August 2014, 08:43 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adzarc
I know this is an old thread but is the vacuum hose layout the same on a p1? I want to make sure my vacuum hoses are correct. just wondering if there are any differences? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Easiest if you take some pics and post them.
Old 21 August 2014, 08:49 PM
adzarc
Scooby Newbie

Good shout will do when I get the chance.