Notices

injection problem???

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2003, 04:49 PM
dave_wrx_320
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i recently bought a 1994 wrx turbo (import) after a few weeks it started playing up and the check engine light came on, took it into my local subaru dealer and they said it was due to the plugs, so these were changed, 2 days later the check engine light came on again, but went out after 10 seconds,sometimes it tries to stall the more you accelerate, as if the engines getting flooded,but this is only now and again from cold, the other problem is that when its warmed up, when you try and accelerate hard the car pulses with power as if it getting starved of fuel, when its not doing this it goes like a rocket, but its relly noticable when it does, it really struggles to accelerate. it went in to be rolling road tuned and they said it was one of the injectors not working, and told me to get it replaced and bring it back, so i rang another subaru dealer, explained what i wanted and he seems certain its nothing to do with the injectors but more likely something to do with a sensor? anyone got any ideas? as its driving me mad, dont want to get the injectors replaced if theres nothing wrong with them? sorry about the long post!

cheers dave.
Old 16 December 2003, 05:51 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Try checking the Ecu to see if any sensors are 'throwing up' the CEL lamp Click Here for instructions how to do this When the CEL flashed on before what did subaru say caused this? (other than plugs) Did they plug their diagnostic tester in?
Old 16 December 2003, 06:21 PM
dave_wrx_320
Scooby Regular

cheers delboy
i'm gonna be checking the ecu at the weekend, thats only if you could give me a clue as to where the ecu is? sorry subaru's are new to me, give me a vw golf and i could do it blindfolded
they said that it was just the spark plugs making the cel come on so they changed them and a vacum hose going to my dump valve, because it was perished.

cheers dave
Old 16 December 2003, 07:42 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

The ECU is under the passengers side footwell, Under the carpet there is a metal plate and the ECU is beneath this. You should'nt actually need to get to the ECU, You need to find the diagnostic plugs which are under the steering column usually taped together if they haven't been used. There are 2 plugs and 2 sockets which are green and black. You then just follow the link that I posted above
Old 16 December 2003, 08:46 PM
dave_wrx_320
Scooby Regular

Nice one cheers delboy