Notices

Loss of power after 30K service

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2001, 03:33 PM
BHORT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I may be experiencing lack of power following a 30K service it seems like the turbo is coming in both later and with less urgency. I am also having a bit of hesitation. I've always used 95RON petrol but have now filled up with Optimax to try and restore my performance to what it was before the service last Thursday. What about an ECU reset in case knock was sensed when the oil change was done as described by Gary Hobie on his Subaru hesitation web site.

Brendan
Old 23 September 2001, 07:06 PM
Octane Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

What's your Oil Level like ???

Sometimes they get a bit enthusiatic with the Oil and put in too much, this allows excess to pass through to the Wastegate Solenoid.

This is located on your Drivers side Suspension mount, 3 port solenoid on earlier models and 2 port of post 97 models.
Quick way to clean is to get some Aerosol Brake Cleaner, this evapourates so don't worry about how much to use. Take each pipe feed of the solenoid and squirt some cleaner both in the solenoid port and in the pipes.

If you put your car into "Mad Cow Mode" by connecting both the green connectors under the steering column. Insert Keys and turn 2 clicks, do not turn over!!! This basically runs a test on all the relevant components in the engine bay. You'll be able to hear your Solenoid clicking away, try cleaning it out as mentioned and then switch off ignition and disconnect green connectors and take it for a spin and see if there's any difference.

O.M.