Notices

PPP fitted by ScoobySport!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2001, 02:02 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Just a quick to commend the guys at ScoobySport!!

Steve has spent the morning fitting a secondhand PPP to my car, with the intercooler pipes, forge blow off valve and some HKS plugs.

Went for a quick spin, and it was peaking about 18.5psi and holding 17psi!!!! Can't give definitive answer as it was too wet, and I drive like a "*****" (as Steve says)

TopCat was here, what a character!!! And I helped him spend some money!!!

Top guys, top service, what need I say!!! - Get down there and spend some money!!!

Andy
Old 08 March 2001, 03:18 PM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Nice one Andy

Just out of interest - why did you go for a forge blow off valve?

Cheers
Rich.
Old 08 March 2001, 04:43 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Rich,

I only went for the Forge one, as I got it cheap second hand!!! It's a recirculating one, so none of issues associated with a dump to atmosphere one!!!

If you look at the standard one, you can push the spring in no problem, try that with a Forge one!!!

Andy
Old 08 March 2001, 07:05 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Has the PPP made much difference Andy?
Old 08 March 2001, 07:11 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Hi Andy,

Great to meet you today and looking forward to seeing you and especially your silver monster perform at PE R/R on Saturday. I reckon based on what you said it was last time I say 285bhp and 275lbs of T. just a guess. I was trying to book for RR this Saturday, so I could see what is going on with the black cobra.....You are a very lucky man to get that cancelled spot, I have to wait for 2 weeks! MAN!

My case.
I left 20 min's after you, I was on the road heading towards the M25 and my car was giving me the same grief as before at this time at 80mph. I rang up Pete C he asked me to come back and he will get Steve to come out with me. I went back but while driving I notice my boost has dropped off to a max of 16psi holding at 15psi. before it was peaking at 18 and went back to 15psi.

So I'm back at SS we open the bonnet and I had a moan about the intercooler pipe that joins to the front/top of the inlet Man which was loose. Steve than tightens it up with the DV pipe and the pipe to the Turbo, so we went for a blat, bear in mind that the bleed Valve is still off the last reading was 16psi peak, the car ******* moved m8 can't wait to let you feel the difference on Saturday, and guess what the psi is............20 peak and holds 19 this is with the bleed valve right off, Steve also picked up no detting on the select Monitor. Steve also says it's much quicker than when he drove it last time.

I would like to also pat the backs of everyone at SS with a clean hand!

And thanks for the McDonalds' Pete Croney.

Old 08 March 2001, 08:53 PM
Rob W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice one Andy will be interesting to see what it gets on the rollers.
Can you tell me if the new dump valve is any louder than the old one( I know it's still a recirc )

cheers
Rob
Old 08 March 2001, 11:54 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Neil,

It's awesome!!! Bear in mind it was wet on the M25, and taking it easy and it was performing like I was on a charge with the standard ECU!!!

I hate to use cliches , but it was pulling like a train through all the gears! I couldn't believe it, I switched off the stereo for a drive for the first time (in as many months I've owned the car), just to concentrate on driving!!!

Before I wouldn't be sure on whether I make a gap or not, and I'd leave it!! Not now!!!

Trust me, you could do a lot worse than take a Prodrive demostrator out for a spin!!! You look like this for a while - I'm still trying to shift my GRIN!!!

Rob,

The blow off valve makes a gurgling noise, and I scared a cyclist by changing gear as I past him!!!

Yes it is noiser, but as said before, I tried pushing the spring in by hand and it wasn't going to happen!!! But then you know it's going to cope with the boost I'm throwing at it!!!

TC,

Told you drive the car too hard!!! You're forcing all your hoses off!!! On a serious note, it may be worth investing in a set of Samco intercooler hoses to cope with the boost you plan to throw at it!!

You don't need that much power, you're a NUTTER!!!

It'll be good to see you on Saturday, and although the figures you quote would be nice, it ain't going to happen!!!

That said, it's as fast as an STI TypeR V4 I went out in once!!

Try to make it on Sunday, it's a laugh, you can bring the missus and leave her with the girlies, while the boys compare **** sizes, sorry cars!!!

To all that don't know TC's car, don't under-estimate the SuperChip, the car is a complete <B>ANIMAL!!!</B> It's faster than the P1 (or modified STI's) I've been out in!!! I'll have to wear brown trousers the next time I go out in it!!!

Andy

Trending Topics

Old 08 March 2001, 11:59 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Forgot to mention the exhaust note!!!

It was quite loud before, but not like the full SS systems!

I have a ScoobySport downpipe, ScoobySport backbox and a Magnex centre with a resonator. The centre section made the cabin more bearable on the long journeys.

Now the car grumbles away nicely. The best way to put it, it purred before and just got louder. Now it growls at low revs, and BARKS at high revs!!! It's very

I know I could have coped with the full SS before, but now there's no way!!! I really don't know how some of you guys live with it, let a loan the Blitz/HKS type exhausts!!!

Andy
Old 09 March 2001, 12:55 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Andy,

Sounds like you're fully equipped to venture out on the track now??
Old 09 March 2001, 08:10 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

So are you happy then, Andy? Sounds like an excellent modification - now just need to find a pot of gold...
Old 09 March 2001, 04:21 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Dave,

I still need to sort out the brakes!!!

Andy
Old 09 March 2001, 06:43 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Oh well, 1 more trip to scoobysport and £1500 later eh?
Old 09 March 2001, 07:34 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Andy,

See you Saturday and please come out for a Blat in my Black Cobra and feel the difference! I would appreciate your opinion.

Regards

Moe