Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2001, 09:23 AM
James Douglas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi folks,

My first posting!

I got a new UK WRX last week. You all seem to think they are pants! OK so its not as quick but i never drove the old one and it seems plenty fast to me! It certainly rips round the corners!

The worst thing about the car has been the dealers - im still waiting for bits ive already paid for and the car was 2 weeks late. Are they all crap or is mine the only on? JD Customer Satisfaction my a**e!!

They are trying to flog me a PPP although they dont yet have a brochure / test car to drive. Has anyone driven the new WRX and do you think the PPP would be a good idea. They cant even get a damn exhaust BB from Prodrive! Is the new car really that bad?

Another stupid question: i ordered a boost gauge from them - apart from looking cool what should i be watching it for? Im one of those "sounds like a good idea when i ordered it" people who doesnt have a clue!

Oh well la de da!

James
Old 24 January 2001, 09:00 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jimy What's up!

Well done your a brave man to buy the new WRX! I bought my SE Catalunya which they made on a R plate when Colin M won the spain Rally, Black Mica only 200 made, black leather......I will tell you more later on this.

I have owned it for 1 month LOVE IT M8!, I neally bought I WRX (NEW) like yours pissed me off, alot of extra's are not avilable yet, like sports seats, like black blue mica colour, the front grill insets spoilers back and front, otherwise its a good car just a bit weird looking. It would have been best for you to buy thie modal 1-2 years later(What I have experianced about buying new modal cars).
I know Prodrive are working flat out at the moment on new stuff for this, and I found I got the best service from Scooby dealers, been to 3 differant ones so far, than any other manufacture.

The boost gauge tells you how much ,well boost you are running, if your car is std it would be just a pose item, if you go for PP than your boost will increase, you would want to keep an eye for things like overboost which can cause problems etc, the safe boost/max with a PP is 1.2 bar you have 0.9 of a bar at the moment. The PP will kick butt, at the moment you have 218 bhp pp will increase to 270ish mark with aound 30% more torq, they would do you exhaust and air filter etc aswell. PP is a rip off for what it does. The best advice I can give keep reading points and products raised by Scoobynet users and look at FAQ's on SIDC site to give you a better understanding of the mods buzz words etc.

keep in touch

Top Cat
Old 25 January 2001, 11:14 PM
James Douglas
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate - thats useful info. I guess i went through the "i want that - sounds great" syndrome when i saw the options.

I'm waiting on the PP kit as we speak!

James
Old 26 January 2001, 11:30 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by TopCat:
<B>A lot of extra's are not avilable yet, like sports seats ...snip...
Top Cat[/quote]

Top Cat, I believe that the sports seats are available from a Dutch dealer and these are the standard fit item for a Dutch car. I can put you in touch with a V.good Dutch dealer who is 30mins from the Hook of Holland!!!

Cheers,

Matt.
Old 26 January 2001, 11:29 PM
Theo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I also bought the new WRX (Blue-black-mica), and the PPP is coming in Februari,...my dealer told me, and also Mike Wood from Prodrive was telling it on the IWOC-list !

The Prodrive Backbox is also available from now, ...so what's the problem !

In the Summer of 2001 there even WRC headlights available ...

....So you have the bought the right car, but you still have to be paitent for 1 month !
Old 29 January 2001, 01:06 PM
James Douglas
Scooby Regular

From what i understand (got an email from Prodrive) they are still working on the Kit

The back box is not the same one that comes with the PPP.

Glad you like your car!!!

Im dead pleased with mine but am looking forward to the PPP!

James
Old 03 February 2001, 10:26 AM
Theo
Scooby Regular

This message I recieved from Prodrive last week !

"The new PPP will be available at the end of March, price, power and torque will be similar to the current kit."

Old 04 February 2001, 11:05 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

James Douglas, congrats on new car!I run a STi4 at the moment but used to run a MY 98 with a PPP and it was great!! Run it on SUL fuel and the difference is ammazing.If you think your car is fun now when you have the PPP you'll **** your pants for the first few months!!! If you fancy it later you can increase powwer/torque even more with decatted downpipes etcGood luck. Deep Singh