another CHECK ENGINE post..

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2000, 07:51 PM
Marcos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

Just merrily driving from work thinking how damn cold it is now, and where's the Summer gone - probably working too hard etc etc..when the 'CHECK ENGINE' light appears (looking really smug and red against the dim green speedo) and then turns off after a few seconds. GASP!!!!

The warning came on about 5 minutes after starting on a cold engine - the only thing to note was that the engine rev'd quite high on tick over - this seemed higher than normal - and I took exceptionally long getting the CD player working so it was ticking over for longer than normal.

The car's due to a service on Friday - is there anything a mechanic can check, or does it have to go to Subaru/similar?

thanks in advance,

marcus

Old 15 November 2000, 09:42 PM
sourob
Scooby Regular

Cool

HI MARCOS, i will talk to you because no-one else will You will just have to ask larry!! Doing C&R(control and restraint)at work tomorrow,how restrained do you think i can be?? So i might be battered and bruised at the weekend,so no dead arms.Anyway now you have had one irrelevant reply i will go.See you at the weekend.Soula.DIA8.
Old 15 November 2000, 10:30 PM
Steve Lawson
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Marcos,

Join the check connector wires together under O/S of dash by the steering column.This will then flash out a fault code to you,will lay money it's a knock sensor gone down by your description.
Buy me a beer if I'm right.

Regards

Steve