Notices

GT Auto alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2000, 08:02 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've got a GT Auto alarm and on Saturday it was electronically 'ticking' when I got in and turned the ignition on. The noise was coming from the alarm siren and would not stop until I used the emergency key that came with it.
Someone suggested that it might be the backup battery going flat. After hoovering the car out on Sunday the car wouldn't start in the evening. Charged the battery up overnight and it started fine today. Drove about abit today and parked up for 2 hours, got back in and the ticking started again. Arrgggh! It started fine and I got the car home. Now when I alarm the car the alarm goes off. Having now used the emergency key again the car is locked and alarmed but I guess it will happen again.

Anyone got any ideas what it causing it?

Coincedently I have had the car a year and the alarm was installed nearly a year to the date. The documents that came with say it it needs servicing yearly so I'm paranoid that there is a hard coded date in there so it goes wrong!!!
Old 24 July 2000, 08:50 PM
NICK OAKLAND
Scooby Newbie

Rich,
It could be the Siren "gone down", but without looking at the car it's head-scratching. I'm not in your area, but if you call GT Autoalarm (UK) Ltd on 01926 882382 you'll be pointed in the direction of the nearest dealer. If you can't get any joy with them call me on 0403 128998 and I may be able to help !

Old 25 July 2000, 08:59 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Thanks Nick.
The siren does still work but not when it should, it goes off when the ticking is happening and I try to lock/alarm the car. At the moment if I stop the ticking and alarm the car and manually unlock and open a door the indicators flash but with no sound.
I'll a local place but may give you a call.
Cheers.