Notices

PE

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 1999, 09:38 PM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave

The way I read it was that it was another company saying this about you and GGR not our beloved Webmaster.

This same company said the same thing to me about Pete Croneys backboxes. Still I think you've just seen one of their products with a very poorly engine.

I know youve seen the adverts from the Aussie's all over the BBS. This is getting everyone's back up. When they have a proven track record maybe we will listen more.

I hope I speak from all other individuals in saying that Pete's, yours and any other tuners input is very welcome. You and Pete see more Scoobies then anyone else and speak to and hopefully fix owners problems. Usefull info for us all.

How many cars have you had on the Rollers !!.

Cheers

Jonathan
Old 15 June 1999, 09:38 PM
J_Birks
Scooby Regular

Sorry to but in,I think the Webmasters comment was tounge in cheek comment made by the webmaster regarding some comments made by your competition (Whoever they are), and from all of the reports on this BBS Power Engineering gets nothing but praise for the quality of the work and care taken and as a result of that I, and I think many other people would if the wanted that type of work doing contact you as a result of this.
The only problem for me is the distance, you dont' fancy opening up another branch in the north east do you ?
Jason
Old 15 June 1999, 10:15 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

David,

Dont worry, the comments made by the webmaster were intended to be tongue in cheek, as has been mentioned, the comments were made by an operation that claim they are THE experts on Imprezas.

This company have been rubbishing other companies skill and products to anybody that phones and says they are thinking of visiting A or B to get X or Y and that they can supply it cheaper better and with more power produced.

To say people like Goodes and yourselves have only been involved for 10 minutes or you dont know what you are doing is purely so they can make a sale they would otherwise not make.

Your knowledge and experience along with the other responsible companies posting to the list, are always welcome and very interesting/eye opening. I hope you will continue to contribute.
Old 16 June 1999, 08:51 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

To Webmaster.

I find that some people are using the BBS to air their own views on Dealers , Companies and Products, which is how I envisage the BBS to work and should continue to work.

Would it be a good idea to have a separate Forums such as Associated Companies , Dealers etc where people could post threads on these subjects.

I appreciate that this would only work if the Companies / dealers were able and willing to respond but it would give the opportunity to see both sides of the coin.

It would also enable praise to be given were due.

To David, in particular , I would say that comments from people in the know and working at the grass roots are a must in this type of discussion arena. Please keep up the input David.

I have heard nothing but praise for PE and have enjoyed reading the Dyno results published on Mr Strong's web site.
Old 16 June 1999, 09:37 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>David
I am sure that many SIDC members appreciate the advice & information that both you & Pete C have been offering. You have both exhibited excellent restraint regarding advertising & I am sure that everyone appreciates this.
I am sorry that BPM have not applied the same level of restraint that you have done.
Old 16 June 1999, 10:22 AM
JohnS

I took the webmaster's comments in the same light as everyone else. ie it is another competitor who is rubbishing the "well established" opposition and saying they have only be interested in Impreza's for 10 minutes.

Technical and other input from suppliers, tuners, dealers etc is very welcome on this system, and should be encouraged, though blatant advertising is (as you have quite rightly stated) frowned upon.

Should any company wish to advertise on the SIDC servers, then they should contact the webmaster directly by e-mail, who will gladly advise on the costs, which are extremely reasonable compared to other forms of less direct advertising.
Old 16 June 1999, 10:29 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

David

You have indeed misunderstood Phil's (webmaster's) mail.

The comments came from an East London company, not yourselves. They have for some time been rubbishing you, me and Graham... and our products. Apparently our three companies are causing cars to blow up every day!!!

I wouldn't worry. All owners that have rung them, and then me, have said they didn't like what they heard and wouldn't be doing business with them.

I guess it is just sour grapes on their part.

Mind you, Dave... here's a thought. If we all call our companies International PLC something or other, perhaps we could also get away with charging £55 per hour for our work
Old 16 June 1999, 01:09 PM
Andrew M
Scooby Regular

Pete

If you are a certain official Surrey dealer you can get away charging £60 + Vat per hour.

Andrew
Old 16 June 1999, 02:34 PM
Jon Stewart
Scooby Regular

Pete

The East London company wouldn't be in Barking would they?
When i was looking into a replacement exhaust they told me your back box was "built like crap".
I didn't buy anything from them!
Old 16 June 1999, 02:50 PM
BPM
Scooby Regular

If anyone who care to read BPM new posts I am quite confident you will find them refreshing informative and accurate.
We have aproven track record but not in the UK, but it is the same car.

Greg Nikolettos
Boost Performance Motorsport
UK Marketing Manager
Old 18 June 1999, 01:19 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who's the "East London" company?

(OK - I've been told by email.)

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 18-06-99).]
Old 19 June 1999, 02:34 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Hi Folks,

It seems to me the best way for a company to do well on the BBS is recommendations. I, for one, have brought a scoobysport exhaust from Pete for three reasons :
1. recommendations from other SIDC members
2. the obvious knowledge and enthusiam he has for impreza's
3. and hearing one on a track day which Pete seems to always attend and most of the time organise.

I live a good few miles from PE so I have never been but from reading the posts, there is a lot of respect for David and the guys and there is genuine excitement when a meet is arranged at PE.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that new companies need to gain the respect of the BBS. Either by offering useful advise, providing good service to the club members or attending meets/track days to discuss the cars and show their modified cars off.

I hope this made sense

Chris P