Notices

OMP Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 1999, 03:20 PM
Tony Quinn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see that there is a post on OMP exhausts to the SIDC bulletin board from Maur dated November 1998.

Unfortunately, there were no replies to that post. I'm interested in that post because, like Maur, I have just ordered the same exhaust from Demon Tweeks. If Maur reads this I would be grateful if he could tell me whether he ever managed to fit the intermediate section. If so, how much work did it involve and does it fit properly now?

The guy at Demon Tweeks did say that they were performance items and therefore
difficult to fit. I'm not sure why one thing should follow the other though. He wouldn't elaborate any further. This exhaust is currently out of stock and therefore I'm in a "back order to Italy situation". Is this exhaust worth waiting for or should I cancel my order and fit something different? I would
like to hear any opinion that you might have on this matter.

Thanks
Old 04 June 1999, 04:47 PM
Mark McE
Scooby Regular

I had one (Gp N spec) on a Citroen Visa GTi - yeah they did used to rally them!

On the bad side it was not very well shaped and was a pain to fit, faffed about with it for ages trying to get the best alignment with the underbody of the car, still ended up with it occasionally thumping the boot floor. It also went rusty in patches very quickly, though it outlasted the rest of the car.

On the good side it was very cheap, ~ £60 for centre & rear section, was very noisy and seemed to release a bit more grunt. I think they are genuine Gp. N exhausts.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05 June 1999, 12:57 PM
andrew
Scooby Regular

I agree with Mark's coments about noise levels.

I bought one from Demon Tweeks for a Peugeot 205 1.9 several years ago, it was the noisiest exhaust I've every fitted! The problem seemed to be that the rear silencer was the same size as the centre box and had very little noise reduction capabilities. The car was interesting to drive around at varying speeds on county roads but on motorway runs the constant resonation throughout the car was unbearable, I ended up replacing the rear box for a generic Janspeed rear box, much nicer and no power loss. I'd check what the noise figures are for this exhaust before buying it.

Here's the OMP web site

http://www.ompracing.it/homeen.htm
and the exhaust bit within
http://www.ompracing.it/scaricen.htm

Andrew