Notices

Door windows

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 1999, 11:49 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the window hit the door seals? Ring your dealer as they should fix it for you.
Old 09 March 1999, 03:44 PM
Imran
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remeber reading about this somewhere else in this forum, a few months ago.

I have the same problem, and the general concensus was that this is quite normal, and you should expect wind noise if winding up the window with the door closed. Apparently the motors aren't really up to the job and can not force the window into it's seal any further.

Solution: Close the window with the door open!

Seems silly, but I think that's the only way.

So if you see a Scooby driver opening his door at speed for a few seconds, you know it's to wind that damn window up properly and stop the wind noise!

As for the rattle, try pushing the top right corner of the drivers door trim, does the rattle stop? If so, it's exactly what I've got (MY98) and no matter how much your dealer plays with it, you'll probably never get rid of it. Mine's been back 3 times now, each time to a new dealer, result: Quieter but not completely gone!

Anyway, I've stopped chasing the 100% bulid quality, and resigned myself to being happy with a car that is absolutely awesome in every respect except for a few rattles and heavy fuel consumption.

Have fun!!!
Old 10 March 1999, 01:27 PM
boltona
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caveat to the above. I use this method (close window with door open), but if you do it at 30mph+, the window can catch on the guide (ear shaped thing) because of the wind force pulling the window outwards. You get a very horrible sounding clunk (I've done it twice), and it sounds like the window cracking, but it doesn't.
I only need to do this on the drivers door, all other windows are fine.