Notices

Anybody drive a Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 1998, 11:29 AM
Richard Hardaker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had one for 14 months before buying a turbo. It was an excellent car - I thought it would be difficult to get much better....until I bought the turbo. Don't mean to put you off and I would definately buy another sport if funds did not permit the turbo. It is basically the same car but with a bit more body roll (still leaves most cars behind round corners) and the obvious power difference. On the plus side it is cheaper to insure and I was returning 30-35 mpg. If you have any specific questions please ask otherwise enjoy.
Old 30 November 1998, 12:58 PM
RUSSH
Scooby Newbie

Anybody with a long term drive on a Sport?
Whats it like compared to a Turbo? Have
I committed the Ultimate sin???????
Old 02 December 1998, 05:12 PM
Neil Oxborrow
Scooby Regular

I believe there are a few of us about!!!!!!

I have had the Sport now for over 6 months, and find it enjoyable to drive, but until I get the Turbo, I will continue to feel there is something missing.
One bonus point though. While at Silverstone for the Rally, I saw many, many Turbo Imprezas, but only a couple of Sports. Obviously a small, but very exclusive club!
I purchased the Sport because the Turbo was out of reach financially. I am planning to upgrade early next year to a Turbo.
Have not experienced any problems other than squeaky hand-brake/back brakes - especially after collecting dirt or mud.
At the end of the day, there are very few Imprezas on the road, and most "lay-men" struggle to tell the difference between Sport and Turbo as you overtake them!
Enjoy.
Old 03 December 1998, 03:03 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

I had a Sport for six months before I brought my present car. It was great fun - 4dr Mica Blue (R136 UKL r u out there!!!) - the Scoobysport exhaust (I had one with a K&N filter) on the Sport is about 4 times noiser than the Scoobysport on the Turbo.....
Also on a SIDC club trip a couple of months ago a Sport accompanied a gaggle of eight Turbos and it was up to the mark... We were all very, very impressed.
Put it this way, a well driven Sport can keep up and beat all but the best driven Turbos.

Don't stand for disrespect,

Miles
Old 03 December 1998, 08:14 PM
RUSSH
Scooby Newbie

yes Miles, I am happy with the car, but it was my Red Sport (S255KSA) that the dealer decided to thrash around on the tour d'Ecosse
P.S. they also ran up 1100 miles on it in the 3 weeks B4 I picked it up...BE WARNED!!!
Old 03 December 1998, 09:06 PM
Dave S
Scooby Regular

I think we shoud be careful about giving number plates out, especially with info on car colours and the like. Scumbags who nick cars need new identities for them, lets not help them out.
Old 03 December 1998, 09:50 PM
Mike Shaw
Scooby Regular

I had a Sport (two actually - I put the first one on its roof after two months!) before upgrading to a Terzo. A competent car, and a worthy substitute for the Turbo until funds allow...

Try and get hold of some Turbo front seats - well worhwhile.

Mike
Old 04 December 1998, 01:37 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Russ,
Are you enjoying the Scoobysport exhaust, I bought for my Sport (the fourth one made) - I thought it was great :-)))) A bit too noisey in the mornings.

Swapped it for the alarm on my Turbo (5dr Silver - I wave next time I see you)

Miles