Notices

Washer Bottle Warning Light?

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 11:44 AM
DubaiNeil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Is there any information available on fitting a low water level warning light for the standard washer bottle? I am using it for the FMIC water spray, which works great, but only lasts three days from full. The wife also uses the car occasionally when I am away, and without flashing lights she does't expect to do any TLC [bl00dy Porsche owners ]
Fitting an LED or similar somewhere would be fine, but the measurement device is the issue.
Old 08 July 2003, 04:44 PM
clintyboy12
Scooby Regular

Not sure whether this will help but maybe you could try looking at a breakers yard for a sensor or whatever is used from another car that has a washer light such as an Audi or BMW?

Alternatively how about the gizmo that tells that fuel is low?

Really not sure whether this will help but I have to say that I think it's a good idea - I find that even without using the washer fluid for anything else it doesn't last too long! 2 squirts of the headlight washers and I'm done!
nother alternative that I have heard people do is to put a separate water tank in the boot just for the IC...means running pipes through to the back but the bonus here is that the water is going to be colder than the washer fluid. Also does that mean your washer fluid doesn't have any cleaning stuff in it? Or have got the wrong end of the stick...?

Hope this is of some use!
Old 09 July 2003, 07:37 AM
DubaiNeil
Scooby Regular

Additional water tank is an option, but the boot has got lots of ICE in it already (not much good for cooling though!)
I am not sure I like the idea of adding lots of weight to the back of the car, with a full tank of fuel and a full I/C water tank I am not sure the handling will be improved!
I don't use any screenwash in the current water tank, but we only have sand and dust to deal with here, so it is not too much of a problem.
Old 09 July 2003, 06:41 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Getting hold of a measuring device would be simple if you were in the UK. RS, Farnell, Maplin et all all sell inexpensive float switches that would connect directly to a 12 volt LED.

Only question would be how easy it'd be getting one where you are. Presume mail order won't be too much of a problem though.
Old 11 July 2003, 09:14 AM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Sorry to but in...

I am going out to Dubai in august, wouldnt be a problem for me to get them for you.

see post

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=223716

you can let me know.

Ricey