Notices

Need Immediate Help

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2003, 07:35 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ordered a piston from Subaru for an imported WRX my94. I ordered the piston on the right of the engine as you look at the front of the car and grade B. The old piston had L at the top and B at the bottom. They sent me the right hand side piston with R at the top and B at the bottom. Is this a problem??

Can I use it?, or do I have to try and argue and get the proper one. Trouble is the parts are none returnable. Surely he stuffed up and they should replace the piston. Any advice?????

Regards Ronnie
Old 07 May 2003, 07:53 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

Mr Biggs, If you want a L piston you need an L piston B is the grade [size - measured in nano microns] and that is important too so don't be given an A the only alternative. The guy's ordered the wrong one take it back and insist, David PS we have the correct ones in stock.
Old 07 May 2003, 07:57 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Talking

What? u have them in stock???
The trouble is I bought this one from Petchs in Richmond and the guy said there non-returnable. He made the mistake. Now I wont get it on the road for the weekend. Im gutted.

Do you know if the RA sti Has a different flywheel to the WRX?? because I got a lightened and balanced flywheel and wondered if I was sold a standard RA flywheel inplace of a lightened and balance one. Thanks for the help.

Ronnie
Old 07 May 2003, 09:12 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Can anyone please shed some more light on this area. Also. How much would an STI flywheel be worth and a 4 padel clutch????
Regards Ronnie