Notices

Accident - Back Box replacement MY02

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2003, 12:56 PM
DavaP
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Yesterday morning a nice lady decided to rearrange the rear end of my MY02 leaving the exhaust somewhat knackered. Looking for the silver lining in all of this, it seems like a good opportunity to replace the OE back box with somthing a little more free flowing. So far, I have just added a panel filter but there are no other engine mods. I do not want to change the whole system yet but may do in furure, I may also want to go for the EcuTek upgrade at some point.

Can anyone recommend the right back box to get that will give me more power now with the rest of the exhaust as OE, and can be expanded on in the future. I am looking for somthing quiet too, a little louder than the OE is OK but I am looking for performance not volume.

Any help appreciated.
Old 02 May 2003, 01:18 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

If your looking a quiet soundtrack but free flowing you could try the scoobysport Quiet bb, or if your planning for the full system at some point get the Nur SpecR and use the bung.

If you want the warranty in tact gfo for the PPP BB or the WRBB
one in for sale. http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=204877 Normally go for somewhere between 125-175.

Cheers
Daz

Old 02 May 2003, 08:27 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Keep away from the Firestorm Then!!!
Old 02 May 2003, 11:09 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Some of the quietest boxes are Remus, MRT, Prodrive, APS. Any of these will fit with a system upgrade later. The baffled MRT is possibly the quietest of the lot, but possibly not the freeest flowing.

I've got the APS with a full system - much quieter than most systems, but still a conspicuous burble and roars nicely under full power. IMHO, it's about the best compromise for fairly low noise with high flow. On the cruise, you notice most exhausts around 70mph on the new shape (must be a resonant frequency somewhere, I guess), but they're not very intrusive. At 60 or 80, you might not notice at all.