Notices

Revs too low

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2003, 11:37 PM
JonnyStell@
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've a MY00 turbo fitted with blitz dump valve and blitz induction kit. When slowing down to stop i.e. stopping at traffic lights with my foot on clutch and braking my revs drop so low as to cause the engine to cut out. I've narrowed the problem down to the blitz cone filter, i think maybe the intake is drawing air in as the car is slowing down just by the force of air going in because the car is still moving. Have justified this by blowing air at the cone when idling and the revs drop obiously due to the fact theres no fuel to mix with.
Anyone any ideas how to cure this problem?
Old 30 January 2003, 05:44 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Simplest way to check if that is the problem is to replace it with the standard air box and see if it still cuts out.
Old 30 January 2003, 06:54 AM
myp1
Scooby Regular

dont think this is the prob as the air entering by u blowing is not being measured correctly because there is no movement on the throttle.these problems are caused when air is entering or escaping after the afm not before it.i used to have the blitz and did this test to gauge its filtration quallity..good for airflow but bad for filtration.if its any consolation mine does this when cold only but not every time and i have replaced idle control valve and dump valve.will do maf soon as a precaution.get used to these cars having annoying bloody quirks that have no ryme or reason