Notices

IS IT ONLY ME?

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2003, 10:54 PM
WEBSTER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it only me that feels a bit stupid when reading the posts that some of you very technical people put on scoobynet, don't get me wrong i do know my way arond engines ,as a truck technician they tend to be 6,9,10,12 and 16 litre and are fitted with turbo's, superchargers (some like fire engines have both on the same engine) even turbo compound, they have electronic management systems aswell, on these i have no problem even when they're coupled to electronic controlled g/boxes suspension etc, but when people talk about maf sensors ,maps, ecu programming i'm sometimes left thinking to myself i've got an idea and i'd like to make a comment but i don't want to make myself look an ****!

sorry for me waffling but am i alone on this thought?
Old 09 January 2003, 11:41 PM
WEBSTER
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I am alone ! very alone! it's cold out here in the lonliness of solitude!!! HE! HE! HE!
Old 10 January 2003, 06:29 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. No one was born knowing it all. A good approach IMO is to do a search on a topic you don't understand, there's normally quite a bit of info available eg. MAF, MAP, etc. Then ask specifics on the bits that still aren't clear.
Old 10 January 2003, 08:53 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

In the 3 years of being on this board I've gone from complete novice to, well, not much better really

Most of what I know has come from shared information on this and 22b - collective experiences, shared and discussed, leads to rapid development

If you want to see some *really* stupid questions, go and search ones from me on 22b a few years back, lol!

Richard
Old 10 January 2003, 01:20 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

You pick things up. A few months ago i had a golf and then started to come on here as i wanted a subaru. Picked a few things up and a few months down the line, im importing cars for mates no problem and also help out other mates when they have a question.

The more posts you read from guys who obviously know their stuff, the more you pick up!
Old 10 January 2003, 02:03 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew **** all when I came on this board about subarus, and I still know **** all..

David
Old 10 January 2003, 10:37 PM
WEBSTER
Scooby Regular

Smile

David,
You know a little bit more than **** all ,as i said i know plenty about the bigger stuff(because i work on it all day long i suppose ) it's just that i dont get to spend much time fiddling with my own car to investigate things and learn more about it , having said that after getting a dismal 203bhp on the rollers on sat i made my own de-cat down pipe on monday night after work , if it gives good bhp gains i might make some more ( so that's a bit of progress i suppose)

Trending Topics

Old 12 January 2003, 03:21 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Webser,

Like Saw says
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask
How u ever gonna know if u don`t ask ? Most of the peebs on here are approachable an only 2 keen 2 help out. I`ve been on here almost 4 years now and still post up the occasional daft question hey we all forget at times And when u r mota isn`t playing ball it`s amazing wot u 4get

BTW the decat should give a decent gain Full decat and downpipe recommended along with better air inlet (HKS induction worked for me) Then .........
Hey 1nce u start u wont wanna stop, so fire them questions in

L8r
Pete
Old 12 January 2003, 10:03 PM
WEBSTER
Scooby Regular

Talking

Teknopete, cheers for the words of advice mate,
by the way what sort of cost was the induction kit?
Old 14 January 2003, 06:19 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi Webster,

Your welcome
The HKS induction setup was in the region of around £150 a couple of years back. There are many similar systems available now at a lesser cost, so if your thinking about it shop around

Pete
Old 14 January 2003, 06:59 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

i have been on this site since i owned my scoob last year march
i know sod all about mods etc..
and now
i know how to put petrol in wow
and change a tyre

and......oops if flew out my left ear again