Notices

Help - is my aircon working?

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2003, 03:38 PM
SidewaysMatt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello everybody. Just bought my first scooby (MY00) two weeks ago, and found the board to be v useful in sorting "faults" eg. clutch judder when cold.

Now, I've just read my manual which says that when you hit the A/C switch it should light up. And mine doesn't. How do I tell if it's just the light in the switch that's knackered, or if the system really isn't working?

Can't really tell by the temperature of the air from the vents, as it's bleedin' freezing anyway!

I rang the dealer who will book it in with Coolair, but apparently this may be chargeable if there is a hole in the system. Is this something I could check myself?
Old 06 January 2003, 05:41 PM
SidewaysMatt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks beastie, will check tonight
Old 01 June 2003, 03:42 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Make sure your interior ventilation fan is on. This MY has a slider type fan switch which is not the best, so although the fan may be at position 1,2,3 or 4 (heater controls) it may not be actually in the right position to turn the fan on.
If the fan is not on them then the AC will not work.

Alternatively, if it is the light:
Open your bonnet, when the AC button is pushed in you should hear the compressor clutch kick in and the second radiator fan will start. It may not run for long though as system may cut out on minimum temp due to current climate.However, it will demonstrate if AC system is working.

Other checks to make would be fuses for fan and AC, (under dash right hand side behind coin tray.) Pull coin tray out by opening and pulling upwards.
Beastie

[Edited by Beastie - 1/6/2003 3:55:07 PM]