PPP for STI, checking

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2002, 07:23 PM
gareth60
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I'm just curious.

Does anyone know all the parts that are changed on the Sti ppp and how do you identify them from the original?. I know the Exhaust is easy as it has Prodrive stamped on it , but what about the ecu and pipe work? Also, from looking briefly at the exhuast parts i've had returned, it looks like 2 cats and a backbox, is this true?

Cheers all
Old 21 December 2002, 10:41 AM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Wink

Purely guessing at this one.... As I had my PPP fitted mid week...

One of those cats is the front down pipe with cat, and this is replaced for the high flow sports cat downpipe. The other one is I believe a second cat which is replaced with a straight through section. Then obviously, the back box is of course much much nicer than that thing that had STI embossed on it....

ECU is the same as the original one shipped with the car from Japan, but with a revised map, a very different car is the end result. You will have had someone elses ECU, reprogrammed by Prodrive almost certainly.

AFAIK, there is not additional pipework changed, as the standard turbo pipes are STI items anyway. Could be wrong here though..

Cheers

Simon

[Edited by YorkshireSimon - 12/21/2002 10:43:01 AM]
Old 21 December 2002, 11:02 AM
gareth60
Scooby Regular

Talking

Simon,

Where is the ECU on these an will I be able to tell that it has been modified?. I just like to be sure
Also, I had the old restrictor back in a plastic bag, do you know the difference?

Thanks
Gareth

[Edited by gareth60 - 12/21/2002 11:03:20 AM]
Old 21 December 2002, 11:06 AM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

The ECU is under the front passenger side carpet, under a protective steal plate.

There will be no way to tell that they have reprogrammed this, unless you have some sort of diagnostic plug in like the Select Monitor.

I wouldn't worry, these ECU's are all modified by Prodrive. It will be the proper job, unless your dealer mixed them up... Oops.

Put it this way, I know for sure that no zorst on the planet could give me the additional performance I have got with my PPP.

Cheers

Simon
Old 21 December 2002, 11:16 AM
gareth60
Scooby Regular

Wink

Must admit, when I first drove it home on Thursday evening, I though "oh, is this it!". But looking a the speedo and the new flatter touque curve I can understand why. I would now discribe it to be like a powerful german sports car, you don't get as much turbo "push", but your progress is a lot quicker.

I haven't really had a chance to drive it hard yet because of the weather, there is just so many accidents on the road, this time of year!!. I've been using the wife's car

I'm really looking forward to those long summer evenings