Notices

what does this do?

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2002, 02:08 PM
matt b.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can somebody tell me what the in line restrictor does in the solenoid end of the pipe on an 94 wrx? its the pipe that runs from the solenoid bolted to the suspension turret and runs to the small pipe on the underside of the airbox. more to the point, im currently running without it on as i had to use a longer length of hose to reach my indiction kit branch. what damage if any am i doing or problems am i causing, and should i connect up the original pipe with an extra lenght rather than replacing the hose all together...

any help would be appreciated.
matt.
Old 02 December 2002, 02:47 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Theoretically I believe it helps prevent boost oscillation.

The reason the pipe is feed back into the air box is that this is metered air - previously read by the maf. However, the amount of air is probably minute in reality. Many peoply run with it ventint to atmosphere with no problems.

Ironically when using induction kits this hose is usually feed into the air filter before the MAF so this "metered" air is actually being measured twice - ehh?

Chris
Old 02 December 2002, 03:27 PM
matt b.
Scooby Regular

aah. of course. that makes perfect sense. i think. those people down at subaru really are a marvel arent they? what will they think of next... chocolate fireguards? new legislation in the one-legged-man-****-kicking-contest? pipes with a point?

thanks chris, as long as im going to go boom in not worried.

best wishes,
matt.