Notices

Ecutek Upload on STi V fitted

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2002, 05:26 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a new map loaded up to my STi V @ GG (ready for no-noise Bedford )

They loaded their very R&D'd map and made a few tweaks after a roadtest. It's much better and 'safer' now. It's blowing a few PSI harder so there is a lot more torque.

I do however sense that it takes more time to build up boost when floring it in fifth at say 3800 rpm (it flies up to 10psi, and then creeps up to 20psi). Also the revs don't die down quickly enough as I change gear. I sometimes have to wait a little before releasing the clutch until the revs have dropped down to the right level for the higher gear.

I'll have a chat with them on Mon as they were very helpful, but does anyone know if these are addressable by further tweaking?

A side note is that it would have been nice to be involved in the process a little, but I have no idea what they did - no peering over and chatting with the technician like you can at Scoobysport -and I am the curious type

D
Old 02 December 2002, 06:38 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Is it still on the 2 port boost solenoid? They're a pain to map for reliable boost, across all different ambient conditions, without overshooting. This maybe the reason for the slow boost build - if so, a 3 port does things much better...imho

No idea on rev drop on lift off - would be interested to hear what's causing this (can't imagine a remap is the cause).

Richard
Old 02 December 2002, 12:49 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Dowser, someone else has mentioned this. Also maybe I have a fly stuck on my flywheel ?