Notices

Underseal !!

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2002, 11:13 PM
Bryan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Has anyone else got problems with the factory underseal ????
I have a 2000my turbo registered 01/01/00 and the underseal under the whell arches has just started to peel off in large chunks.
My dealships says its not covered by the warranty and that I should have it reapplied by them, at a cost. ie annual retreatment.
Oh before you ask its never been power washed, just hosed.
Old 10 November 2002, 11:37 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Read your service book.

I power-washed all mine off But it's no big deal. Get it reapplied. Your warranty may be invalid, but at least the car won't fall to bits. £100 cost?

Richard.
Old 11 November 2002, 01:03 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Thats why you have body services if your car hasnt had one then its tough luck really.... full service history should also include the body services otherwise its not full service history

Tony
Old 12 November 2002, 12:35 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

maybe should be part of the warranty, most manufacturers cover it within the full coverage, but, as you expect with subaru, if it means more money out of the punter, then why not.
I would like to know how many people out there in scoobyland, were informed by the sales rep, "prior" to signing the dotted line about all these extra charges we, as owners are to come across, as the service intervals aproach. especially as you dont get the body service as apackage with the annual service "its an extra charge" you get told, and you even have to "ask" for it to be done.
worst of all, being as the car is built where it is, the underbody gets coated witha wax oil initially, so once it appears in the UK, a quick wipe over [or under], then the nasty black stuff gets sprayed all over everything, so, a few miles down the road and a few arch washes, the damm stuff simply flakes off as it does not have anything to stick to, so where do you stand then? Well, complain to your dealer, they should have to put it right under the warranty coverage, so as soon as you start to see it peeling/flaking off, dont leave it, get it sorted, might as well, thats what you are paying for, or do you all like being taken to the cleaners?