Notices

Central locking not responding question

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2002, 06:01 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My MY00 DBM Sport has a cat one alarm, the key fob drives the central locking. When I am in it, I always lock all the doors by pushing in the **** on the door which locks all the (4) doors - as I am paranoid....

The other day I did this and now the central locking has stopped working. The alarm/imobiliser still work off the fob but I have to use the key to get in the door and drop the window to get out using the external door release - very embarrasing..

Is this a fault with the central locking (subaru issue) or with the alarm (alarm maker issue)? and can I fix it without spending cash at either???

HELP!
Thanks, Jon
Old 28 July 2002, 09:01 PM
Tinsta
Scooby Regular

Jon, have you checked the fuses? There should be one for the central locking..i had this trouble on a car once, (not a scooby though).

Cheers

Tin
Old 28 July 2002, 09:17 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Hi Tin,

Yep, it's a blue one (15 amp) in the box under the bonnet - as opposed to the ones by the boot release. It was fine but I changed it anyway and no difference.

When I press the key fob, I can here the C/L motors wizzing but nothing happens. Using the key on the driver's side only opens the drivers door but not all four

Jon
Old 29 July 2002, 12:03 AM
Tinsta
Scooby Regular

Jon,

When you use the switch to manually lock the door from inside, does it still lock the door? ie does it still pivot correctly? If you can hear the motors wizz, when you press the button, it must be the linkage between the motor and pivot switch somewhere i suspect..can't really say for sure..

Not sure what else it could be, if the car is still under warranty a visit to your local dealer might be best..

Cheers

Tin
Old 29 July 2002, 06:29 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thanks Tin.

The motors wizz but the button does not move fully into the door open position like I am trying to open it against the motor but it will not let me???

It's getting booked in as it needs fixing. just worried they are going to play off against each other - you know, "yes mate, I can fix it but it ain't covered as it was not fitted by us..." :|

Maybe that's a bit unfair on them so I will reserve judgement until I have dropped it off. Fingers crossed.

Cheers for your thoughts, Jon
Old 30 July 2002, 03:05 PM
Woz
Scooby Regular

hi - I think if the c/l does not work when you turn the key in the
drivers door, then the warrantee shd fix it. Alarm or no alarm the c/l at this point shd turn the motors. If its an MY00 isnt the cat 1 fitted by Subaru? Anyhow, I have taken the door on my prev car apart which had c/l, and they rods that run from the door handle to lock to motors etc are held in with small feeble clips. Maybe just came off/broke.
Old 31 July 2002, 09:06 AM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Quick Update - It has fixed itself?!

One ot the servicing guys suggested it had got out of sync (?) and by opening the drivers door the minute I blip the alarm it sorted it...

Oh well