Notices

HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2002, 08:54 PM
Phiroze
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just been out in my Type R this evening and was giving it a good run, not going like a cmplete nutter as i came off a corner itake every day and was accelerating up in 2nd gear the car had a sudden loss of power for a split second - it was very disconcerting as it has bnever happened before. I went round the same corner again and exactly the same thing happened again. It occurs around 6000 revs - so i'm not where near the red line (8000 rpm). BTW It does not happen in a straight line.

Does anyone know why this would happen - could it be some sort of fuel starvation??? or a lose electrical connection?

Cheers

PB
Old 21 July 2002, 09:29 PM
wrxjoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Maybe worth looking into the possibly of... the free play of any wires secured to the body, before running to various engine parts. As it might be as the engine moves during cornering a connection is being pulled off. Actualy had this happen to me on a journey (from the south coast to the north of Scotland many years ago) where the fuel cut off on a carb! (stops run on) was being tugged enough to kill the engine on left hand corners only.
Old 21 July 2002, 09:59 PM
Phiroze
Scooby Regular

Will have a look many thanks

Pb
Old 21 July 2002, 11:51 PM
submannz
Scooby Regular

Sounds like fuel surge. Was your fuel tank below 1/4 at the time?
Old 22 July 2002, 02:24 AM
Phiroze
Scooby Regular

no i thoough of that