Notices

Link ecu

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2002, 01:39 AM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you buy a link ecu, what sort of state does it come in? Is it a plug and play device, with a suitable base map for starting an driving? or does it have to be setup from scratch?
Can it easily cope with things like fitting larger injectors?
Does it have closed loop lambda as per OE ecu?
Just considering buying one, but know very little about it.
What sort of user interface/software does it have to allow mapping via laptop?
Is it in any way similar to a motec? I have used motec, and it is pretty straight forward, with help menus everywhere.
Old 10 July 2002, 06:14 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Don't know much, but it replaces your existing ecu with no additional wiring required (except knock and lambdalinks ). You should be able to find a base map which should start your car, but you basically need to remap everything. Because of this it will cope with any mods - not sure about closed loop lambda, but it does do away with the MAF.

I'd recommend getting it set up by experts the first time, while you're looking over their shoulder BRD springs to mind for some reason (also worth giving them a call if you're serious - they can answer all questions).

Richard
Old 10 July 2002, 12:38 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

I dont mind mapping, from a base map. If it did become necessary to employ the services of someone else at a later date, then so be it, but Im in Northern Ireland, and there is no-one over here I would entrust my car to. I already have working knowledge of the motec, and have used it on a friends car, and it is easy to use. I also have a proper AFR meter ( wideband lambda ) so monitoring fuelling is not a problem.
I am also going to be using another aftermarket management system on another car using DTAfast P8Pro, so I have no problems with attempting to map myself. I have a laptop, and a good idea of what is required to make power.
I just want to know if it is a relatively simple plug in and drive, and then start from there, or is there a lot of crap, calibrating sensors etc. and what the actual software is like to use for mapping.
The motec, and DTAfast software, are both quite user friendly.
Old 10 July 2002, 10:14 PM
submannz
Scooby Regular

If you buy a Possum Link they have a good base map for Subaru's, and plug into your existing Subaru wiring. Make sure you get his New PC Link which allows conectivity to a computer to make adjustments.