Notices

Modine oil cooler relocation on 2002 Impreza turbo

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2021, 12:20 AM
liamhammond
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modine oil cooler relocation on 2002 Impreza turbo

I'm currently prepping an EJ205 02 turbo engine to go into a VW T25 campervan. I bought a set of exhaust headers which fit but theres an issue with the oil filter and cooler installation. I need to relocate oil filter to give myself some more ground clearance so I bought a Mocal oil filter relocation kit. However the oil take off points on the sandwich plate are too close to the exhaust for comfort. I thought about deleting the oil cooler completely, however that involves a bit of a nasty workaround to blank off the coolant inlet on the water pump. So, my potentialy way around this is relocate both the filter and oil cooler and just have the sandwich plate bolt straight to the engine. Has anyone on here done anything similar? If so, any do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated. cheers Liam
Old 29 September 2021, 01:13 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 280 Likes on 250 Posts

Change the water pump to Genuine Cast Impeller 2 Pipe Water Pump Fits: Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C RA | eBay and put a blank into the block Fuji Racing Modine Oil Cooler Delete Adaptors Fits: Subaru EJ20 EJ22 EJ25 | eBay
Old 29 September 2021, 07:05 AM
liamhammond
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a new water pump .on the engine with a new cam belt kit prior to finding this issue. As I'm already into this conversion for a few quid more than Id' want to be, I'm trying to avoid spending where I can. Hence my suggestion of moving the modine cooler. The other option is complete bypass and just running a hose straight from the nipple on the block to the pump inlet, If I do that though, I'm introducing the possibility of poor oil circulation on cold starts...
Old 29 September 2021, 01:00 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 280 Likes on 250 Posts

Well in that case get a block blank do away with the crossover pipe from the pump to the modine and get a bolt and a jubilee clip
Old 30 September 2021, 08:38 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 382 Likes on 304 Posts

Auto's have never run them and have no issue.........