Notices

Which sump upgrade for 98 ej20 in kit car :)

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2020, 03:46 PM
pezzer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which sump upgrade for 98 ej20 in kit car :)

I'm putting a 98 ej20 into a kit car, and am wondering what if anything I should do to upgrade the sump. I've currently got the engine out (making an exhaust manifold for it) so now would be a good time!

I've been reading around, and so many different opinions. I figure I should probably do something as it will definitely generate more grip than a car twice it's weight!

I'd kinda decided RCM baffle plate + 06+ twinscroll sump. But I'm not convinced that's my best bet.

Is that a good idea? Are there better alternatives around the same cost? If I do go that route, do I need the OEM baffle plate (10915AA010), or is that taken out to fit the RCM one?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11 November 2020, 04:39 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Went through this with mine

I think the idea you have already with the WRC pick up foot thing would be a good combo and by far cheapest

Else you are looking at a killer B Sump and extras

I ended up fitting a scraper and baffle plate with the original sump and have no issues, the scraper and baffle plate combo meant I got rid rid of around 80% of the oil that would end up in the breather tanks I have.

​​​​​​Mine is a track car running Maxsport Rb5 mediums. If I was to change anything it would be to a twinscroll sump and pick up