Notices

Bugeye rear arch rust repair

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2020, 09:28 PM
stisye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye rear arch rust repair

Hi been a while since posting on here. Just restoring my 2002 Bug Sti Prodrive style, usual corrosion on both rear arch inner outer & sill bottoms. Where’s the best place for repair panels & is there any inner arch repair panel available?

cheers
Simon
Old 28 August 2020, 09:01 AM
ST-X
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

First of all it's nice to see someone restoring a Bug STI rather than breaking it for parts! I don't have a source for panels but I've been looking to get some for my 03 Blob so if you do find some, particularly for the inner arch, I'd be keen to know. And likewise if I come across any I'll post on here. I have seen panels on ebay but really unsure of the quality and if anyone's used them. Currently I have a lot of tiger seal plugging the hole into the boot on each side!
Old 28 August 2020, 09:18 AM
Shane
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Do a search for "Automotive Repair Panels" on Facebook, they do arch and sill repair panels for GD imprezas, don't appear to do a specific inner arch for the GD like they do for the GC unfortunately but they do a list a universal one that can apparently be fettled to fit.

Shane
Old 28 August 2020, 12:24 PM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts

Import Car Parts now sell the repair panels on their eBay page for both the sills and outer arches. Inner arches I would just use some sheet metal cut to the right size to patch whatever hole has formed. I bought the panels for my Bugeye from a seller in Poland off eBay but I suspect the ones Import are selling are probably exactly the same and they probably package them so they’re not knocking about with each other in transit.
Old 03 September 2020, 02:14 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

My mate repaired mine on my Bugeye few months ago. What a mess. It was just the inner arch that had gone. Although outside arch has just started to bubble.