Which diagnostics machine?

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2018, 07:20 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which diagnostics machine?

Hi folks,

To cut a long story short, I’m looking at purchasing a decent diagnostics machine. I’ve narrowed it down to a few and I’m wondering if any of you guys have any experience of any of them.

Autel Maxisys MS906BT
Foxwell GT80p

Thanks.
Old 23 June 2018, 11:01 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Sub...
Old 24 June 2018, 12:15 AM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Sod it, I’ve done a fair bit of research into both.....gonna be the Foxwell!! I’ll be starting a thread on it when I get it if anyone is interested.
Old 24 June 2018, 11:03 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

I'm pretty sure the Autel times out where as the foxwell doesn't
Old 24 June 2018, 01:10 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
I'm pretty sure the Autel times out where as the foxwell doesn't
Indeed Correct mate. The Foxwell comes with 3 years of free updates aswell, which is one of the main reasons it’s swayed me.

I am struggling to decipher what is legit and what isn’t though when it comes to purchasing it. Don’t want a grey machine or anything!

Last edited by Peedee; 24 June 2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 24 June 2018, 02:53 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Well, GT80 plus is now purchased, due for arrival on wed / thurs. once it’s all registered and up and running, I’ll be giving it a try on a few things so will be sure to post some pics, vids and crucially, feedback. I done a lot of research into which one to go for, and it was close between this and the Autel (snap on didn’t even come into it, mainly because of the absurd initial outlay and the even more absurd subscription costs). I have a friend with a verus pro and, although a good bit of kit, simply does not warrant the price hike over both the top of the range Maxisys and Foxwell machines. It’s not like the snap on provides you with considerably more functions than the Autel and Foxwell either. You’re simply paying for the name.
Old 24 June 2018, 07:20 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Gendan are good reliable sellers and you can haggle a BIT Your 100% about the snap on and they have very few if any plus's.

Last edited by 1509joe; 24 June 2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 26 June 2018, 05:34 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

So,

The GT80 plus arrived today . First impressions are very good! It was packaged VERY well with lots of protection (a box in a box in a box with padding). The product itself is very high quality and, although I’ve not plugged it into a car yet, turning it on and going through the menus is simple. What I am very impressed about is that it came fully updated and fully charged, so all I have to do is register it online (this evening) and then I’m good to go . It doesn’t make much difference to me personally, but if you were desperate for this to arrive and start diagnosing instantly, you can do it straight from the box.

All the manuals are clear (albeit some slightly dodgy translations lol). Best thing about it is that it has free updates for 3 years (considerably more than any other manufacturer offers) and then doesn’t time out, again like other manufacturers do.

Only negative point is that I had to call Gendan when I first opened it as I couldn’t get it to turn on. Very helpful guy on the phone, and it turned out I had to hold the power button for 20 secs on the initial start up, and from then on, it’s just one press for the power.

Also got some free haribo in the box, which was nice lol.