Old 18 May 2018, 11:58 PM
Dazza77
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been quoted £1750 for Fuel swirl pot

Hi
ive been quoted £1500+vat to fit and supply this set up.on my blobeye
i think this a bit pricey
need somebody to help me out.am looking into fitting a 2litre swirl pot with a single 044 pump connected to my rcm in tank lift pump. And rcm parrall fuel rail
What size of fixings on the tank do i need and which fixing on tank connects to which part.
hope some can help me.

thanks for looking and help
Old 19 May 2018, 12:26 AM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 19 May 2018, 12:38 AM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep that's mega over priced. Where is the swirl pot going, boot, under bonnet?
Not an overly difficult job to do yourself
Old 19 May 2018, 02:13 AM
Dazza77
Scooby Regular

Thanks for replys
I thought so.its going in boot.just clear this up first.ive had syvecs fitted and getting flex fuel fitted and remaped.
then they mentioned this swril pot set up.but the price put me off.
basically when ive had flex fitted and mapped would fitting the swril pot setup my self ,need any remap adjustments??
also
is a spec c anti-surge any good ??
Old 19 May 2018, 02:34 AM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swirl pot will make no difference to map as long as the fuel pressure is the same. If it were me I’d fit the swirl lot before the map just to make sure
Old 19 May 2018, 03:19 AM
Dazza77
Scooby Regular

Yes.i think you right with that one.just back to the question on which tank and fixing are required.
does the telfon pipe just push on the plastic tabs on top of in-tank pump with jubilee clips then connect to the swril pot with jic fixings????
then the 044 oump connects to the swril pot with an fuel filter then to the fuel rail(which rcm parallel rail does it go to)
but unsure which what size of jic to use (do they use different sizes an-6 ,an-8 and an-10
but again not sure which pipe goes from intank pump to swril pot apart from the 044 which i can buy already fixed to swril tank from telfon.
can you help with diagram please
Old 19 May 2018, 09:33 AM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Every set up is different and a custom job. My 044 and swirl pot were under bonnet I think most of the fittings were were -6 but you will need all sorts like adaptors for the pump etc. Look on Torques website you can buy it all there and they will swap bits if wrong. Buy the best spec fuel line steel braided and if running meth make sure it’s up to it and use heat shrouding near the turbo. Also Alan at AS can supply you and is helpful with the set up. Is it a track car because it’s not really needed on a road car and even on a track day fuel surge won’t usually be an issue if you keep your fuel tank over half full.
Old 19 May 2018, 09:51 AM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...-fitment.html#
Old 19 May 2018, 10:07 AM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the 044 will push the fuel pressure up, as said either fit before map or install adjustable FPR with gauge.
Trev
Old 19 May 2018, 10:12 PM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the spec c in tank anti surge assembly worth considering?
Old 19 May 2018, 11:32 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imprezagaz
Is the spec c in tank anti surge assembly worth considering?
seems ideal for a road/track car. I would certainly had if known more at the time, rather than go through the paraphernalia of the swirlpot set up.
Trev
The following users liked this post:
Old 20 May 2018, 07:30 AM
Dazza77
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all replys.its most appreciated.
its not a track car,it was scoobyclinic that mentioned it,when got in touch about having flex fuel fitted.
my cars running 456 without meth.and wanted to get 500.my pump is a rcm and shouldn't need an 044 external pump to get this or should i.they never mentioned about needing an extra pump to add the flex
i was thinking spec c tank and pump .but do these do the job ok coz they aint cheap.ive seen one for sale £500.
Old 20 May 2018, 12:46 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Make sure you fit PTFE/Teflon fuel hose rather than rubber if running meths, I can reccomend torques as well
Old 21 May 2018, 05:55 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by trevsjwood
the 044 will push the fuel pressure up, as said either fit before map or install adjustable FPR with gauge.
Trev
Just to add to this, it's also possible that a better flowing pump can maintain pressure and flow "at high pressure", so to speak, compared to a lesser pump.

What I mean is; consider for example a walbro 255, vs a bosch 044 pump. Now, say you run 3 bar static pressure, and then run 1.5 bar boost pressure on top (so your fuel pressure would actually be 4.5 bar at this point).
It's not certain that the smaller pump can maintain the required flow rate at 4.5bar, so the actual rail pressure might be 4.0 bar (for instance). If mapped with the smaller pump, this would have been "mapped in" to injector timings, so to speak, so if you then fit a "better" pump, which can maintain 4.5 bar at the required flow rate, your injectors would still open for the same period of time, and you'd be running rich here, even though at idle and low boost it would make no difference.

Therefore, I'm with you Trev - get whatever primary pump you're going to use fitted before mapping.
Old 22 May 2018, 12:03 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

I have an adjustable FPR (fuelab) with gauge + tee off an in-car gauge from the same port for monitoring. I run a swirlpot for track but disconnect the system for road only use. The adjustable fpr give's me flexibility to do that without additional mapping. It's just a case of tweaking back the extra pressure (0.3bar) from the 044 and monitoring for the expected lift from boost. My in-tank pump is a RCM350 so more than adequate otherwise.
Trev
Old 24 May 2018, 04:23 PM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Further to the mention of the spec c anti surge can. Chevron Motorsport do bespoke antisurge cans, I had one made by them a couple of months ago. Great to deal with, quick turn around and a heap cheaper and safer than going swirlpot. Its not full proof and i've yet to test it out on track but i see no reason why it wont work as well, if not better than the spec C unit.
Old 24 May 2018, 04:34 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Dazza77
Thanks for all replys.its most appreciated.
its not a track car,it was scoobyclinic that mentioned it,when got in touch about having flex fuel fitted.
my cars running 456 without meth.and wanted to get 500.my pump is a rcm and shouldn't need an 044 external pump to get this or should i.they never mentioned about needing an extra pump to add the flex
i was thinking spec c tank and pump .but do these do the job ok coz they aint cheap.ive seen one for sale £500.
Swirl pot setup isn't about how much it can flow, its about stopping fuel surge. At 400 my old hawk had major surge on anything less than half a tank.
Old 13 December 2019, 03:42 AM
nufctoon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LewisScoob
Further to the mention of the spec c anti surge can. Chevron Motorsport do bespoke antisurge cans, I had one made by them a couple of months ago. Great to deal with, quick turn around and a heap cheaper and safer than going swirlpot. Its not full proof and i've yet to test it out on track but i see no reason why it wont work as well, if not better than the spec C unit.
what was the cost of that?
Old 13 December 2019, 08:59 AM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

The can itself was £130. I had an uprated pump supplied and all fitted up by them so there was labour on top of that. That was February last year.
Old 13 December 2019, 10:08 AM
nufctoon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LewisScoob
The can itself was £130. I had an uprated pump supplied and all fitted up by them so there was labour on top of that. That was February last year.
that's not bad at all any pictures? I take it looks like the spec c anti surge assembly?
Old 13 December 2019, 11:16 AM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Yeah, its essentially a box the same design as the plastic Spec C one. I should note, that was £130 plus vat