Notices

Perrin or iag oil air separator rhd fitment

Old 11 March 2018, 03:11 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Perrin or iag oil air separator rhd fitment

Hi all I want to fit a oil air separator to my hawk. Have been looking at either perrin or iag but they only seem to come for left hand drive cars. Has any one fitted one to a rhd car with a top mount and where did they mount it and how were the brackets adapted. I quite like the idea of the grimspeed one that goes on your oil cap but know how good they are on anything other than standard or light modded engines.

Last edited by Jon T; 11 March 2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11 March 2018, 04:42 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon T
Hi all I want to fit a oil air separator to my hawk. Have been looking at either perrin or iag but they only seem to come for left hand drive cars. Has any one fitted one to a rhd car with a top mount and where did they mount it and how were the brackets adapted. I quite like the idea of the grimspeed one that goes on your oil cap but know how good they are on anything other than standard or light modded engines.
Just about to install the Perrin one, looks like plenty of room under sti flexible strut that I have; the canister is tiny. May need a bit of hose.
Old 11 March 2018, 05:02 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

Did you get the universal one.
Old 15 March 2018, 05:41 PM
Apostle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I’ve got one ...

Originally Posted by Jon T
i has the Grimmspeed one which when swapping engines the garage messed up the piping (mixed it all up). So fell out of love with it ...

and bought / fitted a Perrin unit - pricey but v happy. Rally Sport Direct will ship you one double quick.
Old 15 March 2018, 05:43 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Apostle

i has the Grimmspeed one which when swapping engines the garage messed up the piping (mixed it all up). So fell out of love with it ...

and bought / fitted a Perrin unit - pricey but v happy. Rally Sport Direct will ship you one double quick.
Did you have much trouble fitting the perrin one? Got any pics of where you mounted it plz?
Old 31 March 2018, 11:09 PM
Bius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested to how install Perrin Air Oil Sepatator to my Spec C..