Notices

Using a newage JDM STI inlet manifold on a classic V5

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2018, 11:59 PM
Turbovin
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Using a newage JDM STI inlet manifold on a classic V5

So I finally fitted my 2.1 stroker engine in my Type R this weekend. It has big port AVCS heads and I chose to use the stock version 5 inlet manifold with 20mm spacers and top feed fuel rail adaptors. However I think the engine bay looks like a mess with those adapters and spacers and also there's really no space between the throttle body, FMIC piping and the bonnet with the inlet manifold sitting so high. I'm sure the bonnet would get some dents with a moving engine.

So what would I need to do use a newage JDM STI inlet manifold instead? I know the ICV is different and wouldn't work using a V5 ECU. I have an Alcatek ecu with AVCS board fitted at the moment (and a JTI loom with newage coil packs) but I don't think I'll be using it anyway. The support of Alcatek here in Sweden is probably none these days so I think it'll be difficult to get a decent mapper to map the car. Syvecs isn't much more popular here either to be honest although there is a dealer.

So I'm thinking of using a Link G4+ PNP but I'm not sure how it would handle the AVCS heads and the newage ICV? We also have Maxxecu which is very competent but would have to be wired in.

Has anyone got away with using 20mm spacers without any issues? Maybe there's a way to get it to work but as the Hybrid FMIC pipes already could touch the bonnet without any spacers I have my doubts.

I have a MD321T+ twin entry fitted with the big 3" inlet compressor housing fitted. Would the 3" inlet hose fit under a newage inlet manifold without any spacers? It's really tight even with 20mm spacers on my stock manifold but the shape between the manifolds looks a bit different.

Last edited by Turbovin; 15 January 2018 at 12:05 AM.