Notices

Buying a sti 2006 spec d

Old 07 January 2018, 09:53 AM
Anwar1988
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a sti 2006 spec d

morning people

need a bit of advice I have seen STi spec d 2006 Hawkeye running 500bhp with 510 foot pounds of torque, engine work has been done by jap performance with a map done by Bob Rawle. The current reg on the car is ey06 ggk previous reg was n555 ftw. Does anyone recognise this? I want this as my DD the car is from a garage is Blackburn had a test drive and my god it’s quick. The car also comes with a huge stack of paperwork and pictures of the build. I need some advice as to what to look out for there was a slight knock on the rear while driving I’m assuming that could be suspension also the fan kept kicking in while idling. The car has 5 owners and 32k genuine miles backed up on the relevant places. Any info help is greatly appreciated

Anwar
Old 07 January 2018, 03:01 PM
Anwar1988
Scooby Newbie

Default Anyone please???

Anyone ???
Old 07 January 2018, 11:08 PM
poffer1
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suspect that the the question on everyone's lips would be what has been done to the engine? With that increase in power, I suspect it would need serious beefing up (stronger conrods, forged pistons, bigger studs etc. etc.).

My experience is mostly with bikes and, if doubling the power output, that's what I would have done.

If you search on here, you will find many threads describing work needed for. 500hp+ engine. Also, quite a few discussing the 2.5 sti engine.
Old 08 January 2018, 06:48 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Anwar1988
Anyone ???

I’ve got a little experience when buying scoobys and know most of the kants to stay away from
Give us a buzz when your local and I’ll pop down with you bro I’m only in Accrington 5 mins away from bburn

Who selling the car?
Old 08 January 2018, 07:48 AM
Anwar1988
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ZANY
I’ve got a little experience when buying scoobys and know most of the kants to stay away from
Give us a buzz when your local and I’ll pop down with you bro I’m only in Accrington 5 mins away from bburn

Who selling the car?

Hi Zany

this is what i love about the scooby community thanks bro really appreciate that. The car is at a place called euro moters

thats the link for the car

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...at_cars&page=4

i went to view this on saturday and everything looked fine when i asked to test drive the car they were very hesistant and only let have a little blast near there garage. When i drove the car there was fair bit of knocking on the back drivers side. the people at the garage were a littile rude and offended me and my mrs as they were more concerned if i had the funds available. which i clearly told them that my finance is in place and ready but went and verified them selfs before they even started the car lol.

the car it self has had alot of work done with folders full of receipts and pictures of the build. the car inside was immaculate. An sti at 500bhp as dd how reliable would this be? ive had a scooby before but had alot of bad luck with it dont want to make that mistake again.

thanks again Zany appreciate it bro.
Old 08 January 2018, 09:07 AM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Think it used to be owned by one of the Essex lot
Old 08 January 2018, 01:55 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Hi Zany

this is what i love about the scooby community thanks bro really appreciate that. The car is at a place called euro moters

thats the link for the car

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...at_cars&page=4

i went to view this on saturday and everything looked fine when i asked to test drive the car they were very hesistant and only let have a little blast near there garage. When i drove the car there was fair bit of knocking on the back drivers side. the people at the garage were a littile rude and offended me and my mrs as they were more concerned if i had the funds available. which i clearly told them that my finance is in place and ready but went and verified them selfs before they even started the car lol.

the car it self has had alot of work done with folders full of receipts and pictures of the build. the car inside was immaculate. An sti at 500bhp as dd how reliable would this be? ive had a scooby before but had alot of bad luck with it dont want to make that mistake again.

thanks again Zany appreciate it bro.

Yaaar sorry to hear you and your Mrs has to go through all that
£13k!!! pein chods

Another grand and you can have mine
you won’t find another example like it 8n the uk and just think for that extra grand your gett8ng whole lot of goodies and piece of mind if keeping as is value will only go up bro

If you don’t like your not under any pressure to buy etc
you and your Mrs can still enjoy a brew and a chit chat whilst watching pop channel
and I’ll fill you up with some scooby knowledge so you know what to look for

If buying a modified high bhp car your always taking that risk and if not knowing what you need to your opening up a whole can of worms
Old 09 January 2018, 08:12 AM
Anwar1988
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ZANY
Yaaar sorry to hear you and your Mrs has to go through all that
£13k!!! pein chods

Another grand and you can have mine
you won’t find another example like it 8n the uk and just think for that extra grand your gett8ng whole lot of goodies and piece of mind if keeping as is value will only go up bro

If you don’t like your not under any pressure to buy etc
you and your Mrs can still enjoy a brew and a chit chat whilst watching pop channel
and I’ll fill you up with some scooby knowledge so you know what to look for

If buying a modified high bhp car your always taking that risk and if not knowing what you need to your opening up a whole can of worms
They were proper arrogant, thanks for that lovely offer bro and i will defo take you up on that next time i'm your way bro. ive been put off on that one and just trying to find a standard one. ive seen one in Portsmouth which am going to go look at all being on Saturday 2006 sti hawkeye 65k on the clock only one owner from new.

the car looks immaculate but dont know if there would be any issues at such milage. its all standard no mods whats your view on that bro?

ill send you a private message with my contact details bro if its ok with you to have a chat on the phone.
Old 09 January 2018, 08:45 AM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember seeing a spec d on eBay the other month running that sort of power. I'm sure it was on a buy it now for 11k.
Old 09 January 2018, 02:17 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

They were proper arrogant, thanks for that lovely offer bro and i will defo take you up on that next time i'm your way bro. ive been put off on that one and just trying to find a standard one. ive seen one in Portsmouth which am going to go look at all being on Saturday 2006 sti hawkeye 65k on the clock only one owner from new.

the car looks immaculate but dont know if there would be any issues at such milage. its all standard no mods whats your view on that bro?

ill send you a private message with my contact details bro if its ok with you to have a chat on the phone.
Replied bro and you and the Mrs welcome round mine anytime
Old 09 January 2018, 02:27 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

I think with uprated internals etc it could be a well put together build, what would be putting me off is their attitude.

Zany what motor you selling?
Old 09 January 2018, 03:05 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wull
I think with uprated internals etc it could be a well put together build, what would be putting me off is their attitude.

Zany what motor you selling?
I’m selling my jdm widetrack off with all the Subaru memorabilia I have without paying for advertising it up until April May time when I will put it up for then a nice Tiguan
and then I can log out of sn and never return