Notices

Hesatation

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2017, 12:56 AM
Adele81
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesatation

took it out in the morning and was running fine disconnected the battery wen fitting a stereo then went out and seemed to hesitate/flat spot just before the turbo comes in and seems to worsen the higher the gears 😣
many ideas please thanks x
Old 17 December 2017, 10:20 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

How long did you have the battery disconnected?
It is possible that the learning tables in the ecu have reset,if this is the case then it will relearn over the next 50 miles or so of driving,apparently there is a fast learning trick with newage cars but I can't say for sure if it works?
Old 17 December 2017, 11:03 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
How long did you have the battery disconnected?
It is possible that the learning tables in the ecu have reset,if this is the case then it will relearn over the next 50 miles or so of driving,apparently there is a fast learning trick with newage cars but I can't say for sure if it works?
Battery disconnect will only effect classics, is it a classic ?

Fast learning is here . . .if it`s a Newage.
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.p...ningTrick#toc4
Old 17 December 2017, 11:19 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
Battery disconnect will only effect classics, is it a classic ?

Fast learning is here . . .if it`s a Newage.
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.p...ningTrick#toc4

There is a lot of conflicting info on battery disconnect and ecu reset,I've always used the correct procedure to reset my classic,i can view my tables and pulling the battery for an hour doesn't reset the tables.
Also read a lot of people saying pulling the battery on a newage for an hour does reset,some pump the brakes,some put the terminals together while the battery is off etc...
I only have to press a button now to reset but if I couldn't do that I would always reset properly.
Edit: either way I'm sure if you disconnect a battery for long enough on any car it would reset eventually.

Last edited by ossett2k2; 17 December 2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 17 December 2017, 12:47 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
There is a lot of conflicting info on battery disconnect and ecu reset,I've always used the correct procedure to reset my classic,i can view my tables and pulling the battery for an hour doesn't reset the tables.
Also read a lot of people saying pulling the battery on a newage for an hour does reset,some pump the brakes,some put the terminals together while the battery is off etc...
I only have to press a button now to reset but if I couldn't do that I would always reset properly.
Edit: either way I'm sure if you disconnect a battery for long enough on any car it would reset eventually.
Nah, Classics are classed as Volatile memory, so if you remove power the info stored is lost, like Ram on a PC,
NVM is like a SSD Hard drive for example, you can remove all power and leave it months on a shelf, when you reconnect, all the information is still there.

but we still dont know what car the information is for anyway lol
Old 17 December 2017, 02:14 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Haha true,will wait to see what model the OP has.
I'm pretty sure my learning tables done reset when battery is disconnected but I'll have a look next time I work on the car
Old 19 December 2017, 01:18 PM
Adele81
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry people been working the car is wrx prodrive 2002 have reset ecu driving better but still ain’t quite right but only drove 30 mile so far