Notices

Mods before Mapping - Advice

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2017, 09:30 AM
DTVHSR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods before Mapping - Advice

I have a an 05 WRX, looking for a twin map set up, 250bhp and 300bhp, Max torque on both.

Mods: VF43 Turbo
Silicone Y intercooler pipe
3 Port boost solenoid
Injectors or FPR, Fuel pump upgrade
(not sure if I need cooler spark plugs at this level?)

I will be fitting a VF43 (I know it's more suited to a 2.5 engine) I have ported my standard headers and lightly ported the sti up pipe I have. May port/polish the turbo also (if its worthwhile?)
Looking at a SWRD 3 port boost solenoid, will this be good enough?

Should I fit STI Injectors or fit a FPR so I can run my standard injectors at less duty?

I will be fitting a sports cat or running a full decat not yet decided.
Any idea what sort of RPM I full have peak torque? Ideally need it around 3500 rpm.

Looking for recommendations for:

3 port boost solenoids, Fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, Downpipe exhaust, and Y intercooler pipe (WRX fitment).

Last edited by DTVHSR; 16 November 2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 16 November 2017, 03:01 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

If you ported your headers it's not much of a step more to port the turbo inlet. I did on my old vf43 (and my new 20g) and think it was a worth while. Just remove the turbine housing and make sure to paint mark the nut, bracket and bolt etc for tightening.

If you can get one I would also recommend a Harvey trick up pipe from AS performance (2 bolt version). When I ported and fitted that i saw a couple 100 improvement in spool and full torque lower down on my 2.5.
Old 16 November 2017, 03:57 PM
DTVHSR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bazil_SW
If you ported your headers it's not much of a step more to port the turbo inlet. I did on my old vf43 (and my new 20g) and think it was a worth while. Just remove the turbine housing and make sure to paint mark the nut, bracket and bolt etc for tightening.

If you can get one I would also recommend a Harvey trick up pipe from AS performance (2 bolt version). When I ported and fitted that i saw a couple 100 improvement in spool and full torque lower down on my 2.5.
I've not worked on a turbo before so I'll make sure I get the nut torque etc and don't knacker anything in the process. I'd assume its fairly straight forward though...

I've been advised to go for an STI up pipe at this point (also keeps costs down a little). I'll be looking to go for a harvey trick pipe or similar in the future when the bhp increases.

Thanks
Old 16 November 2017, 04:07 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I struggled to find torque settings for it but I've done it a few times without issue using a paint marker to record the previous condition.

Mark up undo take the clamp and wastegate arm off and remove the housing, pretty straight forwards though you might need to tap the housing with a hammer and piece of wood to remove it as it's probably been on there a while!
Old 17 November 2017, 09:29 AM
DTVHSR
Scooby Regular

That's great thanks for that

Might have a go this weekend and see how I get on!