Notices

Building a Frankenstein

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2017, 07:42 PM
V1WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a Frankenstein

Hello everyone, it has been a while but i have done it again and bought another impreza!! I have a few questions and i hope you will be able to help as you always have i the past. I own a 93 wrx, drivetrain is faultless however the body is rusted to a point where it can be repaired without a hige amount spent on it.
i have just bought a 2001 2.0 sport (non turbo obviously) and it is immaculate! 67 000 on the clock one family car and always been in a garage.
next on the question list is i have an apexi power fc 3 connector ecu. What is the best way to put it all together. Ie will a uk2000 inlet manifold and engine harness plug into my ecu and the car itself??
sorry if this question is a pain but thought i would ask and see if anybody had any ideas??
Old 14 September 2017, 08:03 PM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been asked a lot of times before.

Basically you need to transfer everything including the loom. Huge job.

Then you need to find an insurance company that will insure a turbo'd non turbo car.
Old 14 September 2017, 09:13 PM
V1WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your quick response. I have a traders policy so insurance isnt an issue. When you say the loom, which one do you mean? The one i would need to buy from a uk 2000 turbo?? Along with the manifold and engine harness?

Last edited by V1WRC; 14 September 2017 at 09:23 PM.