Notices

Cusco centre Diff info

Old 18 August 2017, 04:49 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Cusco centre Diff info

Hi all,

before I get the usual introduce yourself stuff! I cannot access my old account under username R666ORY so I am now on +1!?!?! So once again hello to all but I am not a new member as such!

Ive just bought a second Scoob, the first is a Bug STI Prodrive edition, the second is a 2003 JDM STI. I will once they are both detailed get some pics up (middle of next week at a guess).

Anyway to my point 🤔. The JDM is running a Cusco centre diff in place of the DCCD. I have searched high and low and read loads of threads on here but struggling to get a clear picture of its strengths and weaknesses over the DCCD. I believe it is a 35/65 F/R biase. Can anyone educate me any further on this please? I understand how diffs work but what I don't grasp is how the Cusco works as a centre diff and the affect on driving. I know it is noisy, I know to avoid coasting, I believe I'm better off left foot braking to keep it loaded up. It is the technical aspect of what it will and will not do that I need know. Does anyone have experience of this please and can shed some light on it for me???

any info gratefully received!!!!! Oh for info it is mainly a road car but def being tracked because that's what it's been built as!!!

Rory
Old 20 August 2017, 10:31 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Anyone?

Search this Thread