Notices

2004 Forester sti

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2017, 10:38 AM
camcap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Forester sti

Hi I'll soon be getting a forester sti and am looking at exhaust options I'm only looking for more sound rather than chasing bhp (for the moment lol) so a cat back will do, now by what I can tell is the centre pipe has a cat fitted, i was looking to get a centre section and a back box will getting rid of the cat fail mot's as it still had the other cat in place, also will it throw up a cel light and will it need remapping with just the one cat gone, it will be getting mapped at some point anyway any help on any more mods worth doing and info about exhausts would be great thanks
Old 23 March 2017, 12:24 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Nope, the downpipe has the cat in on the 2004 FSTI. The centre pipe is just another resonated pipe. Just changing the centre pipe and rear box won't throw a cel up and won't need a remap. Changing the cat in the downpipe would though.

Go on ukforester.com and subaruforester.org lots of us with FSTI's are already on there.

Welcome to the club. You won't regret it. These are fantastic cars.
Old 23 March 2017, 12:47 PM
camcap
Scooby Regular

Great stuff thanks mate so the 2 parts on the centre pipe are just resonators, any suggestions for exhaust, quite like the look of the vortex afterburner or raptor, can the angled box be fitted or does it have to be the straight one, I'll have a look at the other sites, can't wait to get it arrives in May ready for June It's feeling like a long wait lol
Old 23 March 2017, 12:58 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Both good exhausts. have a look on those 2 sites as there may be Forester STI specific exhausts come up from time to time, also on the Facebook groups. Someone was selling a genuine STI genome rear box and centre pipe recently for a FSTI. I have that on mine and it's just perfect!

Also be aware that the Forester has a slightly different exhaust system to the impreza, so impreza exhausts won't fit without modification. An Impreza classic rear box will fit, but the hangers will need moving/re-welding. The FSTi centre pipe is longer than the impreza centre pipe.

You're best off looking for the forester specific bits.
Old 25 March 2017, 06:50 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

That was me selling the exhaust.it lives in holland now..
Old 27 March 2017, 08:50 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Thought it was Ryan.
Old 27 March 2017, 09:14 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Thought it was Ryan.
Have you seen the forged 04 fsti on gumtree??oh my days!!! Just needs some styling and it would be great.
Old 27 March 2017, 09:25 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Funnily enough I was looking at that last night. Would be interested to see how much it goes for as it's a 140k mile car as it's advertised for £15.5k. EEK.

For that money I'd rather get mine forged. Paul Finch could forge mine for £3.5k and then I'll probably still spend another £5k on parts to make better power.
Old 27 March 2017, 09:54 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

Didnt see the mileage.thats quite high.i think you should forge yours.was just looking to see if there any forged engines for sale/part ex/swap in the classifieds etc.have you seen project naughty??
Old 27 March 2017, 09:58 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Yeh that's Duncans car isn't it? I do like the colour and Paul built his 2.35 engine too. Paul builds all Duncans time attack engines, has done for years. Nice FSTI that. Looks like fun!