Notices

Stage 1 remap advice

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2017, 08:56 PM
banjogt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 remap advice

Guys, getting all the parts ready for my stage one remap in a month or so.... I'm just wondering if a updated fuel pump and 3 port boost solinoid are really needed for a stage 1? The car is a 2002 wrx with panel filter and turbo back decat fitted... if the solinoid and pump are needed anyone got any suggestions of where to get a solinoid from?
Old 22 March 2017, 09:06 PM
spindle121
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Stage 1. ?????
Old 22 March 2017, 09:14 PM
banjogt
Scooby Regular

Stage 1, first stage of upgrades, typically decat exhaust, panel filter along with a remap ��
Old 22 March 2017, 09:40 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Fuel pump would be overdue for a change on a 02 anyway, and it will give your mapper more leeway for a bit more power. A 3 port solenoid will give him far more controllable boost levels. Scoobyworx sell them both.
Old 23 March 2017, 06:48 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.scoobyworx.com/swrd-3-por...id-11302-p.asp
http://www.scoobyworx.com/swrd-colos...mp-16426-p.asp

On your model 1.1 bar is roughly your ceiling with a 2 port, changing to a 3 port allows the mapper to control boost better and allows around 1.3 bar
Old 23 March 2017, 07:08 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx
http://www.scoobyworx.com/swrd-3-por...id-11302-p.asp
http://www.scoobyworx.com/swrd-colos...mp-16426-p.asp

On your model 1.1 bar is roughly your ceiling with a 2 port, changing to a 3 port allows the mapper to control boost better and allows around 1.3 bar
A BCS won't restrict boost,a 2 port or 3 port will allow as much boost as the map sensor and ECU can see.
A 3 port will allow better control at the top end of boost tho.
I run 1.6bar on a standard 2 port,I do have a scoobyworx 3 port to fit tho when I get around to splicing it in as the connectors are not plug&play
Old 23 March 2017, 07:33 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
A BCS won't restrict boost,a 2 port or 3 port will allow as much boost as the map sensor and ECU can see.
A 3 port will allow better control at the top end of boost tho.
I run 1.6bar on a standard 2 port,I do have a scoobyworx 3 port to fit tho when I get around to splicing it in as the connectors are not plug&play
it doesn't restrict boost in that sense but does restrict how much boost the mapper can control efficiently with a 2 port. The 3 port allows better control which in turn allows higher boost levels.
Old 23 March 2017, 09:00 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Im peaking at 22.7psi (psi3 data monitor) and hold 21.9 on my wrx blob with carrberry rom. Td04,decat,perrin inlet pipe etc
Old 24 March 2017, 11:27 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx
it doesn't restrict boost in that sense but does restrict how much boost the mapper can control efficiently with a 2 port. The 3 port allows better control which in turn allows higher boost levels.
You said there was a ceiling with a 2 port BCS which would suggest a restriction,if you adjust the WG duty accordingly then a 2 port will allow as much boost as a 3 port.
JT innovations sell their 3 port boost solenoid with the correct plug and play harness,scoobyworx don't FYI.
Old 25 March 2017, 12:08 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
You said there was a ceiling with a 2 port BCS which would suggest a restriction,if you adjust the WG duty accordingly then a 2 port will allow as much boost as a 3 port.
JT innovations sell their 3 port boost solenoid with the correct plug and play harness,scoobyworx don't FYI.
Harness is supplied and fits 1999 onwards models earlier models do have a different connector so ours isn't plug and play with pre 99 models.

We we have sold hundreds of these and they are recommended by mappers such as Bob Rawle etc.

Im not mapper myself and the info I have given is what been given to me by mappers previously. They hold better more accurate boost at higher RPM / leaves you less likely to suffer from boost fluctuations at higher boost which some may say indirectly allows the mapper to set a higher boost with less risks
Old 25 March 2017, 12:43 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Is a shame when I bought mine and said it was for a v3 that scoobyworx 'forgot' to tell me it wasn't plug n play.
Other suppliers sell the same solenoid with the correct harness for either pre99 or 99>
so I'm surprised scoobyworx don't.

Like I say ceiling would suggest a limit or restriction which is misinformation.
Better control at the top end of the boost limit,which is set and controlled by the ECU/map then yes I agree