Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2017, 07:37 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Filter

Hi all.

I know these questions are always asked but on recent inspection my current panel looks tired and grubby so was planning on replacing.

the car in question is an sti running approx 360hp and next on list is fmic and new map. Is it worth going CAI now in run up and would it be ok on the car mapped as it is even though it's running under 400hp?

or

high flow panel filter?

If I do go panel I am not keen on foam or oiled BUT happy to listen to advice and recommendations. Any new ones on market? All the posts I find are a few years old so wondered what's on market now or if it's still COSWORTH VS GREEN VS K&N?

Thanks in Advance
Old 09 March 2017, 12:27 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

I know the old panel vs cai question must be a fairly common. I wondered though if the current tune on my engine made any difference to those stock answers though. No?

I read a lot saying CAI is only for the 400hp mark. And mine is not far off but on standard TMIC. So wondered whether it would be to any detriment fitting one?

I always hear about MAF problems and oil but the likes of Blitz SUS use metal gauze and are not oiled and you have numerous closed box CAI kits now? So is it still as "dangerous" these days? Many big power builds i see run Big filters but are they still running a MAF?

Plus, all the info i can find is several years old, so i was wondering if there is anything different out there to consider.

Appreciate any opinions and advice as always
Old 09 March 2017, 12:55 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

So more reading etc. etc. I have decided against a CAI utnil the car runs MAFLess and with a FMIC.

So new panel filter ordering - cosworth vs green?
Old 09 March 2017, 01:54 PM
jason7579
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I cant speak from experience but I have been looking at getting a new filter soon also. From what I have read I am probably going to go for a Cosworth panel filter.
Old 09 March 2017, 06:37 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

i've spotted that eurocarparts are stocking the simota panel filter for £29.00 in stock to collect next day.

I've heard good things about those anyone else?