Notices

Maxspeedingrods conrods anyone running them?

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2017, 07:05 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Maxspeedingrods conrods anyone running them?

Does anyone run these: maxspeedingrods?

On paper they are made of the same forged steel material grade, have the same arp bolts and actually balanced to +-1 gram instead of 1.5g like other more well established brands...!

Last edited by Bazil_SW; 05 March 2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05 March 2017, 07:58 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

£200 vs £600. while there will be a larger mark up, it wont be £400 markup. So work it out for yourself
Old 05 March 2017, 08:05 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

Well, the established brand ones I was reffering to are £400... my question is are they a developing company trying to get in to a market dominated by a few well eastablished brands... someone must be buying them and be able to give an informative review of them!
Old 05 March 2017, 08:19 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bazil_SW
Well, the established brand ones I was reffering to are £400... my question is are they a developing company trying to get in to a market dominated by a few well eastablished brands... someone must be buying them and be able to give an informative review of them!
Seen them advertising for a long time but their US site untill recently. There stuff is mega cheap and i don't know anyone who has actualy used anything they bought from them.

Saving £200 but if they are crap (which i'm not saying i know them to be, just typically parts are cheap for a reason), then your gonna cost yourself an engine.
Old 05 March 2017, 08:24 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

Hence the question to the wider community. Even the established brands had to start somewhere with something and no reputation.
Old 05 March 2017, 08:28 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Hence the question to the wider community. Even the established brands had to start somewhere with something and no reputation.
so ask yourself this, how could they do it for 50% of the cost if it was the same?
Old 05 March 2017, 08:38 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

There are many examples of products where the name badge adds a whole load on to the final price tag.

In any case I'm after genuine comments from people who have bought, used or had experiance of them, rather than supposition.
Old 05 March 2017, 08:41 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

There are many examples of products where the name badge adds a whole load on to the final price tag.

In any case I'm after genuine comments from people who have bought, used or had experiance of them, rather than supposition.
As above, don't know of anyone and it would have been a pretty hot topic had they.

If you go ahead then let us know how you get on.