Notices

Classic import turbo identity

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2016, 06:30 PM
baker_boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic import turbo identity

Hi all, I'm currently trying to source an up pipe for my scoob as the current one has died a death and approached AS performance for a replacement. And obvs I need to know what I'm working with. I'm fairly new to this side of tuning and turbo motors although I'm working my way through the car. Done the cambelt/water pump etc. Iv been searching around the turbo and cannot for the life of me see any numbers on it whatsoever. If anyone could give me any ideas through experience that would be so helpful.
The car - 94 sti wagon import. V1 sti and first run of 200 they brought out. If anyone could shed some light that would be great. On researching I'm hearing td04 but could be a td05. I'm yet to distinguish between them.

Thanks again

Dave

Last edited by baker_boy; 02 November 2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02 November 2016, 05:25 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

It won't make a difference on the up pipe mate standard location turbos on classics use the same style.
Old 02 November 2016, 08:16 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking from the front of the car, it's at the bottom left of the turbo. Inlet pipe and inlet manifold makes it difficult to see.
Old 03 November 2016, 09:40 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
It won't make a difference on the up pipe mate standard location turbos on classics use the same style.

they are the same style however we manufacture the Harvey Smith 'trick' up-pipes in various specs to suit specific power targets / spool / etc. and "match" to the customers requirements
Old 03 November 2016, 01:24 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by AS Performance
they are the same style however we manufacture the Harvey Smith 'trick' up-pipes in various specs to suit specific power targets / spool / etc. and "match" to the customers requirements
Sorry should have been more clear lol

What I meant was it won't make a difference which turbo you have as long as it is stock location when it comes to the fitment of the up pipe but as mentioned you can get different up pipes depending on application etc
Old 04 November 2016, 08:29 PM
baker_boy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice chaps. Had a proper look tonight. Couldn't see it because it was caked in crud obvs. As it happens it is a td05, after some research, power wise Glad it's an 05.