Notices

Possible Hks Fcd Wiring probs

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2002, 03:55 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(MY94 UK Turbo)After fitting my Hks Fcd to the manufacturers instructions the Check engine light would come on, on ignition & then stay on after starting. Turn the ignition off & on it would go out. Once the car was warm i gave it some stick only to reach 9Psi boost (usual 14. Reset Ecu (incase i had disturbed something) same again but not immediatley. Removed Fcd from the equation & ran for 3 days no probs. Reconected same again. The Hks instructions say to have a live ignition feed, which is what i fed to it. I noticed that the check engine light went out under cranking with the Fcd removed but didn't with it fitted. Checked the Live ignition feed & realised that under cranking power was being removed from the Fcd unit. Changed to a permanent feed & have now run for over a week without probs. Has anyone else experienced this ?. or is it my machine.
Cheers
Dean
Old 11 June 2002, 08:41 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got my check engine light on on several occasions, especially after it rains when I start my car. All I do is turn the ignition off and turn the car back on and it dissapears.

Another way for me to avoid this is to turn the ignition key on wihout starting it and wait for a few seconds. After a few seconds I start my engine and guess what? The check engine lights doesn't come on.