Boost thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2016, 08:17 PM
ScoobyFC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost thoughts

Hi guys,

Im recently new to the subaru world and for the last 3 months have owned a wonderful 2006 STI blobeye with DCCD. Its had work done by previous owner and tbh I not 100% sure on the full spec etc or who its been mapped by etc but its running 365bhp.

The car has been great until approx 4 weeks ago. On a normal day, started the car and it felt lumpy, wasnt boosting properly. The boost was coming on but nothing was happening, just no performance at all. Turned car off when I got home, checked everything over and all appeared normal. No other issues other than paranoia thinking the car seemed flat until last night. Now my boost gauge which normally sits at 1.5 bar when WOT crept up to 1.7/1.8 and was flashing red.

From internet browsing I'm making an assumption I may have a sticky or temperamental wastegate actuator. Would this be the symptoms or the first thing the pro's would check including checking solenoid?

Trouble is I'm stuck for work without this motor and have to use it at least till the weekend. Taking it steady and not sitting on would there be an issue?

Thanks all