Notices

syvecs air temp and oil temp and pressure fitting

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2016, 11:14 PM
mogs132
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default syvecs air temp and oil temp and pressure fitting

Hi there looking to fit a air temp sensor from the syveccs sensor pack. where is best to fit it? Can I just drill and tap the inlet manifold in the flat bit above the throttle body? Any other suggestions?
Can I use a T peice to fit both oil sensors? keeping the standard front sensor i think so i can still use my oil light on dash but the syveccs sensors can they both be put on the rear oil bung?
Thanks morgan
Old 18 April 2016, 11:55 PM
TimH
Orange Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're on the TMIC still, many have drilled the TMIC to take the sensor. On an FMIC, usual approach is to weld a boss to the pipework just before the throttle body, or use a joiner with a boss moulded in.

You can drill the inlet, but be careful of swarf - so you would need to remove the inlet to so this safely.

For the oil sensors, use a braided hose and t-piece to connect to the front oil pressure switch location and keep the original switch along with the pressure sensor. Temp sensor goes in the block above cylinder 3 using an adapter.

When you say "Syvecs sensor pack" it is most likely to be one of ours I think, so by all means call us (JTinnovations) for guidance.
Old 19 April 2016, 10:14 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Great advice above.

My air temp sensor (inlet temp), is fixed into the FMIC pipework, just before the inlet. i drilled it (off the car), cleaned up and used Belzona to mould the adaptor it screws into, onto the pipe, ensuring I got my hand inside and smoothed it so as to give good airflow, AND a good grip on the pipe, inside and out.