Notices

newage exhaust considerations - leaving the stock center pipe in

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2016, 10:09 AM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newage exhaust considerations - leaving the stock center pipe in

hi all, just doing some research into what i want to do with my 2004 wrx uk currently stock. want to make sure i do it right first time. ive owned a few classics before so generally i know the typical upgrade path. i want an exhaust free flowing enough to see me with the average 275hp (or hopefully a tad more) but still pretty quiet as i love the nice refined silent drive of the stock car atm and the missus likes the car too lol.

ive bought a ninja 2 backbox new from scooby world as it comes with removeable baffle and looks ace, ill fit that for now...

but in a couple of months i will be taking to pole position so i want to know if this system i have in mind will still be quiet but still do the job in terms of performance. i will be going for a harvey up pipe from as performance, a widemouth full length sport cat d.p maybe the ninja again ill see whats about, but if i leave the stock center pipe with resonator/box in is that still free flowing enough and still be pretty quiet do you think. am i right in thinking that it is just a silencer and not a cat as these are found in up pipe, down pipe and immediately after downpipe.

other mods im planning are...
k and n panel filter
walbro 255 pump
1 step colder plugs
silicone y/boost pipe
harvey up pipe
sport cat d.p full length
stock center with ninja back box

3 port boost sol fitted during map.

hoping to see 275hp/300lbft tq but still on the quiet side.

thanks for your help guys. took me a while to finally go newage after owning 2 v6 classics and an evo 5 but am absolutely loving the newer refined grown up model as im getting on a bit now lol. thanks.