Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default group n or poly bushes

i'd like to hear peoples opinions on this , pros and cons
Old 27 February 2016, 08:48 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all depends on the exact use and intended arena your car is destined for.........

the likes of Whiteline & SuperPro often offer a better solution and more cost effective but weren't legal for "production" class race/rally use hence STi did a grpN version to suit the regs..........

we can and do offer all options 0191-4103770
Old 27 February 2016, 11:14 AM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to be stripping down all the suspension parts and refurbing them , I want the car optimised for fast b roads and occasionally knockhill visits ,

I've only looked into bushes for the rear lateral links and trailing arms so far , as a guide they are 180 for group n and 200 for super pro but super pro comes with new bolts etc ,

I've looked into the effects of the anti anti lift kit also , I've heard it mentioned that is better being a group n rubber instead of poly , I don't know the differance with that Bush and others

Would you have any advice/opinion on removing factory anti lift geometry with an alk ,

I've still to decide on koni inserts ,kyb excel g or the dearer adjustable kyb .

If the cheaper excel g is perfectly matched to a spring is there any benefit to having adjustable struts ?

The last thing regards suspension is is it worth paying extra for an adjustable top mount to gain caster or is modding the control arm rear Bush position good enough , if I get the alk that will give some caster but if not I've seen a mod involving turning the rod on the control arm 180' and using a spacer but as I imagine it does that not damage the front Bush operation ?

Last edited by gary77; 27 February 2016 at 11:24 AM.