please help

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2015, 07:59 PM
scoobycarl320
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help

Hi all.

I have a horrible hesitation on my car on boost, I accelerate onto boost, but then it drops boost, then gains again then loose it etc etc.

It's a 2001 bug eye jdm with the the AVCS. I've done a code pull and I've got 2 codes

P0031 and P1089

I know these are a tgv fault and a lambda heater fault on bank 1.

I have already replace the lambda with a genuine dense replacement. However the plug on the loom had been removed by someone so had to join the wires.
Could these 2 faults be related to 1 cause? Or just separate faults. How bad is the job to fix a tgv if so. Guessing it'll just be another duff lambda sensor aswell. Would all this cause hesitation?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 06 April 2015, 08:42 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

My non impreza car has a lambda sensor fault, and the misses when putting your foot down, i removed it and cleaned it up while waiting for replacement worked ok for abit. Sounds like you may have same fault
Old 07 April 2015, 11:43 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

When I had that 31 code I just replaced the sensor, there's no reason to snip the sensor wires unless your super lazy - if your that lazy maybe you don't look after your parts before shipping them so could be your new sensor is dead/on the way out.

If one of the TGV's is stuck closed you'll have problems trying to boost or get going at all. P1089 is the right hand sensor, you could try swapping the TGV sensors over and see if the problem moves with the sensor (you would then get P1087 for left hand sensor).