Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2015, 08:45 AM
Primey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please!

Hi all,

After fitting a tubular exhaust manifold last night, my 2003 Impreza has started running pretty rough.

I had already installed a decat exhaust, but haven't yet remapped it as I have some more parts to fit prior to the remap.

The car had been sat for about 4 weeks with the battery disconnected as the car is currently SORN whilst I work on it.

It seems to 'cough' which can be heard through the top mount intercooler, as well as through the exhaust.

Has anyone heard or this before, or know what I should be looking to do? Obviously a remap will be coming in the near future, once I've fitted a new fuel pump, induction kit and uprated spark plugs.
Old 15 January 2015, 09:29 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Might just be the unmapped mods, it's usually best to hold onto bits, only fitting them when it's going to be mapped.

Induction kit? Read anything about them and their effect on Imprezas at all?
Old 15 January 2015, 10:00 AM
Primey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I'm thinking mate. I don't really get the time to fit loads of parts at once, so I tend to fit them as I get them. Although the remap shouldn't be far off.

I have read about them. I'll be using a cold feed and heat shield to the filter though so this will avoid heat soak, which is the problem with having the filter in the same region as the turbo