Notices

Fitted Perrin induction kit and larger intake pipe. What a sound they make

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2014, 08:21 AM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fitted Perrin induction kit and larger intake pipe. What a sound they make

Just fitted the Perrin induction kit and larger intake hose to my version 8 sti. Wow what a noise it makes. I had standard air box on before with k&n panel filter. Can hear chatter from it too. Anyone have these and any experience?

Will be getting it mapped in the new year by Scoobyclinic as they are the closest to me. I currently have decat downpipe 3", 2.5" cat back and Walbro fuel pump. I'm planning on getting the cobra track day friendly exhaust 3"" cat back and the rcm pump before the map.

Would anyone reccomend any other mods before map. Not sure if I need 3 port boost solenoid etc. peoples experience needed please

Last edited by imprezagaz; 24 December 2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Typing error
Old 24 December 2014, 08:30 AM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by imprezagaz
Just fitted the Perrin induction kit and larger intake hose to my version 8 sti. Wow what a noise it makes. I had standard air box on before with k&n panel filter. Can hear chatter from it too. Anyone have these and any experience?

Will be getting it mapped in the new year by Scoobyclinic as they are the closest to me. I currently have decat downpipe 3", 2.5" cat back and Walbro fuel pump. I'm planning on getting the cobra track day friendly exhaust 3"" cat back and the rcm pump before the map.

Would anyone reccomend any other mods before map. Not sure if I need 3 port boost solenoid etc. peoples experience needed please
i would get a 3 port off a classic mate they hold the boost better, ngkpfr7b's if you havent got them. thats a good start
Old 24 December 2014, 08:35 AM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Cheers, do you know if the connectors have to be altered or will it plug straight in? Not looking forward to changing the plugs
Old 24 December 2014, 08:46 AM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by imprezagaz
Cheers, do you know if the connectors have to be altered or will it plug straight in? Not looking forward to changing the plugs
have a look at this
https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...-a-newage.html

you could let scoobyclinic do it should only take 10 minutes, the plugs are easy to do just take your time and make sure you have the right tools.

Last edited by forgedmarco; 24 December 2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: more info
Old 24 December 2014, 09:26 AM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Cheers pal
Old 24 December 2014, 09:59 AM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scoobyclinic are also doing a winter service deal on the trader section, might save you a couple of £'s.

Be warned. They are very thorough. They may find other parts that need replacing once they give it a good going over.